Home

How does a coaches + or - attributes affect My players? my team?

This is a discussion on How does a coaches + or - attributes affect My players? my team? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
How does a coaches + or - attributes affect My players? my team?

I am very curious how their stats affect my places in franchise mode. When starting a rebuild project the first things I spend money on are my coaches and scouts however I haven't the slightest idea how they affect or if they really have much of an affect on my team.

Thanks.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How does a coaches + or - attributes affect My players? my team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I am very curious how their stats affect my places in franchise mode. When starting a rebuild project the first things I spend money on are my coaches and scouts however I haven't the slightest idea how they affect or if they really have much of an affect on my team.

Thanks.
I asked this once before and I don't think I got any response. I am curious also, like if I hire a manager that is +2 power, do all my players power ratings go up +2?

If I hire and manager that is -2 power, and a hitting coach that is +2 power, do they even each other out?

And then how does the +2 power rating affect a player's natural progression of improvement towards his potential......
Old 05-01-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I've been playing this series for a very long time and I still don't know. The ratings don't make very much sense.

How does one determine a manager having a -2 BB/9 rating? How can a first base coach affect arm strength? Why is there only one guy that affects an entire farm system?
Old 05-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I've been playing this series for a very long time and I still don't know. The ratings don't make very much sense.

How does one determine a manager having a -2 BB/9 rating? How can a first base coach affect arm strength? Why is there only one guy that affects an entire farm system?
I agree with the arm strength part. But a 1st base coach does more than just that. Rusty Kuntz is a very big reason Alex Gordon has won 4 straight gold gloves. Im fine with them affecting some fielding ratings.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #5
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

OVR: 0

My understanding has always been each coach's ratings affects everybody in the organization, but I've never gotten an actual confirmation on that. Purely an assumption.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm honestly not convinced that coaches ratings affect on field. I think they only effect the training of a player. Although I have no confirmation just speculation.

I wish they would get rid of coach ratings and focus more on the way the manage a game/roster.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think there is a really simple way we can shed some light on coach attributes and their effects.

You could start a franchise with a certain team, say the Braves. Take note o the coaches ratings. Sim an entire season and see how the players progressed

Start another franchise with the same Braves team and fire/hire different coaches and take note of their attributes. After you sim the entire season you can see in what ways coach attributes effect player progression/regression.

This is not perfect, mainly be ause some players may have off seasons, but it's the closest i can come to a controlled experiment. Keep everything the same but change the coaches.

If anyone has some free time, I would love to know the results. I might try it myself tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »