Home

Old 05-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Pro

rjviking11's Arena

OVR: 3
GIDP

for whatever reason in this years game I am hitting into a lot more double plays than usual in my mets franchise, Is that just because the team is slower than years past. Im just over a month into the season and I have 12 more double plays than the 29th worst team in the category? anyone know what I can do to adjust?
NCAAF- West Virginia Mountaineers
NCAAB- West Virginia Mountaineers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: GIDP

I think GIDPs are naturally inflated when you play the game (or CPU vs. CPU) yourself... I think CPU tends to be a little more perfect in making those plays involved in GIDPs and all these things add up.

GIDPs in simmed games tend to be okay, so when you compare your played-out game GIDPs to those of simmed games (other teams in your season/franchise), you tend to lead in GIDPs.

You can try to avoid them by usual baseball tactics. Like try not to hit grounders, using bunt, hit & run, etc.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Definitely have to take more pitches overall the avoid DP's this year in my experience. If I go up after getting a guy on and the first pitch looks real sweet, I hit it right to someone on the ground. That's just a sick feeling giving the pitcher 2 outs in a 1 pitch AB. Could be my imagination but CPU is real good at getting you to fish for his pitch in that situation.

If I got a guy on first no outs I try to work the count, could be a big inning if I get a walk, and that at least lets me think about working a hit and run, that works great for me this year as I tend not to strikeout much.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Fours's Arena

I feel less comfortable hitting with a guy on first this year, my theory is that it was a tweak in response to directional hitting. I now use the up modifier in DP situations and hit a lot of line drives with it. (I've switched back to zone again even though I liked the greater hit variety that directional caused)

But there's no doubt there are way to many belt high pitches that get chopped hard into the ground for TMDP's.

Quick poll, guess Ramone's response:

1. There is no code in the game that increases the chance for a double play.
2. I have no idea what you're saying.
3. In testing we weren't getting enough natural DP's so we tweaked gameplay, if not you guys would be complaining that they don't happen enough.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

Swinging early causes a lot of GIDPs, especially this year.

Force yourself to wait a second more on every pitch (Even if it looks like you shouldnt), and the GIDPs should come down some.

I adjusted to the timing of pitches and waited longer on more of them, and I hit into a lot fewer GIDPs now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 11:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Works counts, with multiple runners on i hardly swing at the first one or two pitches unless middle high fastball i know i can crush or smack for a hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »