Home

CPU Bullpen AI under 9inn

This is a discussion on CPU Bullpen AI under 9inn within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Bullpen AI under 9inn

So ive started my offseason 162 fantasy team and instead of playing 9inn ive decided to play 7inn. Im loving every inning of it except for the 7th inning when the CPU is on the mound in a close game. In a 7innning game the CPU treats the 7th inning like the 7th inning of a 9 inning game. Meaning they either leave their tiring starter in or bring in one of their middle relievers. There is no way to fix this. Ive come back from a deficit about 3 or 4 times in the 6th and 7th through 15 games and now im starting to think i have no choice but to change it to 9innings. I just want to get this out there in hopes that next year the CPU bullpen logic will change. Edit: Loaded up my season and went to change my innings from 7 to 9.... no option for that hahaha. You gotta be kidding me. The gameplay is fantastic but the little things such as this just make me shake my head. May as well start over....sigh

Last edited by CanOfCornCobb; 10-24-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Bullpen AI under 9inn

Edit all closers to middle relievers???
Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
So ive started my offseason 162 fantasy team and instead of playing 9inn ive decided to play 7inn. Im loving every inning of it except for the 7th inning when the CPU is on the mound in a close game. In a 7innning game the CPU treats the 7th inning like the 7th inning of a 9 inning game. Meaning they either leave their tiring starter in or bring in one of their middle relievers. There is no way to fix this. Ive come back from a deficit about 3 or 4 times in the 6th and 7th through 15 games and now im starting to think i have no choice but to change it to 9innings. I just want to get this out there in hopes that next year the CPU bullpen logic will change. Edit: Loaded up my season and went to change my innings from 7 to 9.... no option for that hahaha. You gotta be kidding me. The gameplay is fantastic but the little things such as this just make me shake my head. May as well start over....sigh

9-innings is best.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Yup...its equal to playing a football game on 5 minute quarters and in last minute of the 4th quarter, the cpu would act like it was 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter of a 60 minute game. Never understood why AI logic in baseball games never adapted to this.

I dont have time to playa 60 min football game, 48 minute hoops game or a 9 inning baseball game. If i set the game to 6 innings and the CPU is up by 1 in the 6th i should see the closer.

Only workaround that sometimes works is to set the pitcher stamina to very low so that the CPU has to go to its pen earlier.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 11-05-2015, 04:59 AM   #5
Banned

Steven78's Arena

I don't really play the cpu is there a way to switch sides and bring the closer in? Would they pull him when you resume?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »