Home

Feedback on my hitting

This is a discussion on Feedback on my hitting within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Feedback on my hitting

Hey, Ive been playing on All-Star mainly this summer and was hitting pretty good. Now that im back after a break I cant get hits for anything. I even switched to a smaller tv and noticed im better at hitting the fastball now, but my hits are going right to players or pop outs near the wall. I changed my approach a bit this time around I try to be pull balls more when in the past I hit them to opposite field more. Being late on fastballs a lot but hitting them down the line for homeruns a lot. Was wondering if a good hitter could play me or watch a stream to see what may be wrong. My psn name is cheefzboy. I also dont use guess pitch I as I play diamond dynasty a lot. Any help would be great and I could use some mlb friends also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 01:40 AM   #2
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Feedback on my hitting

I play on dynamic and was up to All-Star +++ and then ran into 2 games in a row against the Yankees that saw me go down to Veteran. I was either late on a lot of pitches or hit line drives right at people and hit into a whopping 5 double plays. I have no idea what happened but am pissed I am back to veteran. I'm hoping it was just a rough 2 games. I only got 1 measly hit against Tanaka and lost 1-0 and Pineda threw a ton of strikes and only had 85 pitches for the CG. I only managed a solo HR off him and lost 3-1. I am really hoping it's just a bad 2 games on my part that will never happen again.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Well I switched back to pci hitting and have a slight improvement. I think timing hitting is worse as the pci doesnt move which means less solid contact. I also havent used guess at all this year. High fast balls kills me. Im always late on them and pop them up. Right now im using a camera that puts the pitchers body in the center of the strike zone so i can see high fastballs coming in better. Change ups get me a lot. I think they move slower than the advertised mph because im often early on changes and latw on fastballs. Very frustrating. This next game im gonna try using power swing more to avoid ground balls more.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Im going stream today and tonight maybe some of you guys will come by and offer some advice. Ill be playing franchise and will title the stream help my hitting.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Main thing for me to stay focused is situational hitting, instead of trying to get a hit. If you go up there trying to get a hit, you're probably not gonna get one. Don't try to get a hit, try to do all the right things at the plate and do the right things with the pitches you're given in the right spots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbechud
Main thing for me to stay focused is situational hitting, instead of trying to get a hit. If you go up there trying to get a hit, you're probably not gonna get one. Don't try to get a hit, try to do all the right things at the plate and do the right things with the pitches you're given in the right spots.
Thats true, It seems like I was hitting pretty good when I would go for walks. Did the most damage because Id get walks then hits for lots of runs. I would generally walk 3-5 a games doing this. Id be much better if I could cover more of the strike zone with the pci. As of now I mainy just cover the middle and bottom and foul off high pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »