Home

MLB 16 The Show Issue

This is a discussion on MLB 16 The Show Issue within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 16 The Show Issue

So this game looks fantastic so far from everything we have seen in the streams and blogs. However, there is one issue that is bugging my and wanted to know if it was bugging anyone else.

So far, it seems due to this new radiograph way of presenting attributes on a roster page or wherever you can see attributes at a glance, there is no way to see the actual values unless you go into each player's card individually. This is going to suck for all of us who play franchise and want to manage our teams easily. It just seems to add an extra un-needed step to see the actual attribute values. Maybe I am missing something but it seems like the radiograph does not give the actual values for the attributes and the only way to see them is to go into each individual player card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 16 The Show Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofalk22
So this game looks fantastic so far from everything we have seen in the streams and blogs. However, there is one issue that is bugging my and wanted to know if it was bugging anyone else.

So far, it seems due to this new radiograph way of presenting attributes on a roster page or wherever you can see attributes at a glance, there is no way to see the actual values unless you go into each player's card individually. This is going to suck for all of us who play franchise and want to manage our teams easily. It just seems to add an extra un-needed step to see the actual attribute values. Maybe I am missing something but it seems like the radiograph does not give the actual values for the attributes and the only way to see them is to go into each individual player card.
While I see that.....as a quick reference I think it's okay....I guess they could try and add the exact value in each pie piece......
It also looks to be 20 degree increments which might tie into the new 20/80 scale for certain aspects of the game.
If that's the way they are going with it....I MUCH prefer that as a scouting reference than an exact number.
Either way...I think you'll be able to tell what the attribute is fairly close.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Each ring on the radial chart is 25 points on the scale, so you can easily estimate what an attribute is. No different from the bars before they added numbers.

In general, bigger piece of pie = better.

Sent from my HTC One [M8] Marshmallow 6.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
While I see that.....as a quick reference I think it's okay....I guess they could try and add the exact value in each pie piece......
It also looks to be 20 degree increments which might tie into the new 20/80 scale for certain aspects of the game.
If that's the way they are going with it....I MUCH prefer that as a scouting reference than an exact number.
Either way...I think you'll be able to tell what the attribute is fairly close.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah, I understand all of that, I just find it an odd design choice, I would think the radiograph would be best served inside player cards instead of the actual quick reference method. It's not that quick when I'm looking at 5 players in LF to start and all have between 82-85 contact, I cannot distinguish that by looking at the graph, would have to go into each player's card to see and compare instead of how we used to be able to see all that stuff at a glance
Old 02-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

rofalk22's Arena

I just hope they add some sort of way to have quick reference to the actual attributes like we've always had, I can see those of us who like to exclusively GM a team in franchise being hurt by this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofalk22
Yeah, I understand all of that, I just find it an odd design choice, I would think the radiograph would be best served inside player cards instead of the actual quick reference method. It's not that quick when I'm looking at 5 players in LF to start and all have between 82-85 contact, I cannot distinguish that by looking at the graph, would have to go into each player's card to see and compare instead of how we used to be able to see all that stuff at a glance
Perhaps that's the point?
Less number searching and more emphasis on paying attention to players and their actual play?

M.K
Knight165
Old 02-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

The game isn't out yet...let's hold off on claiming there are "issues" until we get the game in hand. Feel free to discuss it one of the stream threads though.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »