Home

Good Source For Uniform Lineups 2012-2015

This is a discussion on Good Source For Uniform Lineups 2012-2015 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #17
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Good Source For Uniform Lineups 2012-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
But if they follow the style guide every year it would NOT have had black sleeves in the game last year. This really makes no sense.
Exactly what i was thinking.

It's one of 2 options most likely:

1. The style guide changed the sleeves to black last year, so the game followed, but for whatever reason the style guide changed them back to purple this year, so the game followed again.

2. Or the game didn't follow the style guide last year and did the right thing, but went back to following it this year. Hence the purple sleeves.

More than likely option 2. Which brings the question, to what extent are they really bound to following the style guide?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #18
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Exactly what i was thinking.

It's one of 2 options most likely:

1. The style guide changed the sleeves to black last year, so the game followed, but for whatever reason the style guide changed them back to purple this year, so the game followed again.

2. Or the game didn't follow the style guide last year and did the right thing, but went back to following it this year. Hence the purple sleeves.

More than likely option 2. Which brings the question, to what extent are they really bound to following the style guide?
#1 makes no sense, unless the Rockies are going back to it this year. I think they only wore it for 1 game in 2010 but the purple hat was not worn with it.

I also remember someone earlier this offseason tweeted Ramone asking why the bottom of the black sleeves was purple last year. His response -- That's what it has in the style guide...
Old 02-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #19
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

I really have no idea. I just hope that it gets straightened out eventually because, from our end, there isn't much we can do.

Unfortunately, it's been this way ever since I've been on OS. It's been one of my goals to try to help it all get straightened out. Maybe someday one of us will be able to see the guide and confirm one way or the other, but that probably wouldn't help much. I mean, we've had guys at CD for years and not too much has changed. Even if one of us saw that style guide, that doesn't mean everybody else on the forums will believe said person.

Maybe someday, though.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:45 AM   #20
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That jersey is correct based on the style guide. I just checked.
https://twitter.com/Ramone_Russell/s...67575491182593

So it was changed within 10 days??
Old 02-24-2016, 12:34 PM   #21
Rookie

suckafree1966's Arena

OVR: 1

When you think about it, it actually wasn't even right in 2015 with the purple on the sleeve. I have never seen that undershirt ever but it's in the style guide. Oh well I just won't use that all purple alternate uni. It's all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
What are you trying to prove? If the style guide was wrong last year and the game didn't copy it, it's because of a mistake. If the style guide was right last year, you asking about it won't change jack. The style guide has been checked, the only thing you can possibly accomplish is getting the wrong people in trouble, It is pretty clear after all these years that SDS doesn't have the pull to get the guide changed.

MLB obviously doesn't care whether the under shirts are accurate, they only care about whether the licensee does what they say. SDS isn't out to get you or make the game wrong on purpose.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I really have no idea. I just hope that it gets straightened out eventually because, from our end, there isn't much we can do.

Unfortunately, it's been this way ever since I've been on OS. It's been one of my goals to try to help it all get straightened out. Maybe someday one of us will be able to see the guide and confirm one way or the other, but that probably wouldn't help much. I mean, we've had guys at CD for years and not too much has changed. Even if one of us saw that style guide, that doesn't mean everybody else on the forums will believe said person.

Maybe someday, though.

Several here that I know of have seen the style guide but can't really say much due to getting someone in trouble depending on how they were able to see it.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #24
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
What are you trying to prove? If the style guide was wrong last year and the game didn't copy it, it's because of a mistake. If the style guide was right last year, you asking about it won't change jack. The style guide has been checked, the only thing you can possibly accomplish is getting the wrong people in trouble, It is pretty clear after all these years that SDS doesn't have the pull to get the guide changed.

MLB obviously doesn't care whether the under shirts are accurate, they only care about whether the licensee does what they say. SDS isn't out to get you or make the game wrong on purpose.
I'm showing that 9 days ago Ramone said the sleeves were purple/black in the style guide and now he's saying the sleeves are purple in the style guide. It can't be both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »