Home

Official 2016 uniform errors and omissions

This is a discussion on Official 2016 uniform errors and omissions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Official 2016 uniform errors and omissions

It's time for my annual thread. This thread is dedicated to the main onfield home/road/alternate jerseys as well as any inconsistency with included throwbacks. This thread is meant to point out errors and not to criticize the slot system or style guide restrictions. I'm not fortunate enough to get my hands on an advanced copy, so I'll wait until I get mine or a YouTube video includes more than just jerseys. I will not consider one-off uniforms like Memorial Day or July 4th or Latin nights as omissions. Watch for this thread and feel free to add errors and omissions and please refrain from "it's cause of the guide" or "the slot system is dumb" or "NBA 2k does this or that" or "the 1971 pirates should be in" and stuff to that effect. Thank you and if you got it, enjoy the show. We will see you on Tuesday.

EDIT: All 2016 BP/ST jerseys are NOT in. Teams like the Cards and Tigers don't have their new hats. Most teams are using their alt jerseys with sublimation on the lettering/numbering with a ST patch. This will not carry over into the season. I will not update errors on the bp jerseys since they are probably last years models and will be eliminated. There are also unused/discontinued hats in rotation such as rox purple, marlins orange, and Red Sox socks hat

Red Sox:
Yankees: ERROR- road helmets are now matte ( I know it's not sony's fault in this example, just pointing it out)
Rays: MISSING-Fauxback uniforms. ERROR-1998 & 1999 Home/Away Undershirts should be purple not dark green. Default equipment should use navy not Columbia blue. Columbia alternate is missing outline around names.
Blue Jays: ERROR-1977 Home/Away blue caps are too dark, should be royal blue. Team accessories are also wrong color (black instead of blue). The only team with a new bp hat and its royal rather than navy blue. MISSING- white panel alt hat. They are using last years bp hat again.
Orioles: ERROR-1988 Home/Away missing names on back

Tigers:
Royals:
White Sox: ERROR-Road pants are still 2013 with white stripe. They use a black piping pattern now. 1983 Alternate/1972 Home/Away have the wrong batting helmets as they have the default black batting helmet for all uniforms. White Sox early 70s light blues should have white trim around the numbers. 1983 should have had the number on the upper thigh of the pants.
Twins: MISSING-new red jersey. ERROR-don't appear to have gold outlines on hats. Away jerseys missing outline around names. Home alt is a throwback, but uses the m helmet from 80s/90s. 1982 Home throwbacks should have Red batting helmets.
Indians: ERROR- white stripes on navy jersey are too thick. Should have red accessories at home.

A’s: ERROR- throwback helmets should have yellow brim.
Rangers: ERROR-1994 Home/Away accessories should be Red not Black. When wearing white with red, it defaults to blue accessories.
Mariners: MISSING-cream alternate uniform and hat...and YES it's in the style guide. ERROR-teal color is too dark.
Astros: ERROR-1980 Home throwbacks should have Orange batting helmets. 1980 Away uniform is way wrong as it looks more like the 1986 uniform and the uniform should be cream/off color not GRAY.
Angels: ERROR-1997 Home/Away accessory colors are wrong. Should be Navy not Red.
1997-2001 Angels uniforms are missing the Anaheim-A logo on the left sleeve (yet the 2001 AL 100-year patch is correct on the right sleeve).

Mets: ERROR- home bp uses old plain white pants. Wrong dugout jackets. 86 jerseys need thick racing stripes.
Braves: ERROR-1982 Home/Away missing names on the back.
Nationals: MISSING-red alt hat (has this been eliminated?)
Marlins: ERROR-1997 Home/Away batting helmets should Black, not teal. 1993 Away caps are missing black bill on caps and batting helmets. The Throwback Old home jersey with the teal sleeves should have a teal undershirt not black. The road Throwback Old cap is all teal when it should be teal with a black brim.The Miami home road home alternate and road alternate all have the collar piping too thick, they should be the same thickness as the sleeve piping. The black road alternate jersey Miami wordmark is missing a black border between the white letters and the silver outline. The 1993 Marlins away batting helmets should be black. 1993-1996 Marlins never had a teal batting helmet with black brim. Marlins should use a standard thin piping on uniforms and not thick.
Phillies: ERROR-road alt pants are home pants.

Pirates: ERROR-all uniforms have the home/road/black uniform font where the throwbacks should have standard block font. Throwback white we are family is missing names on back. Black jersey seems like a graphite color at times. MISSING- camo uniform and hat. Striped sock option. Last year's Sunday throwbacks...which have been worn for the 1971 celebration. That could be in a slot rather than repeating this year's Sunday throwbacks twice.
Cubs: ERROR-1984 Home numbers should be Blue, not red. 1984 Away is missing names on the back. Throwback pants have red stripes. Throwback road pants should be white. Road alt pants are home pants.
Cardinals: ERROR-1982 Away should be a darker-lighter bluer as they appear almost near white. Cardinals road alt has a red belt when it should be blue.
Brewers: ERROR-wrong uniform on home throwback. Should be BREWERS and not in italics. 1993 Home/Away should be royal blue, not Navy. Missing alternate batting helmet that is worn with new alt hat/jersey.
Reds:

Giants: MISSING-Black lettered hat and Black alternate jersey. ERROR-throwback helmets should have orange brim. Now use matte helmets.
Dodgers: ERROR-1981 Home/Away should not have stripe going down the shoulder. Road alt shouldn't have sleeve piping. Team now uses matte helmets.
Rockies: ERROR (unless this is style guide or the team is changing back) the black vest has a purple undershirt. Using gray pinstripes pants with bp uni. Now use matte helmets.
Diamondbacks: MISSING Red jersey, black jersey, and associated hats (they have 7 hats this year). They just have the 2 base home and 2 base road combos. There are hats that have different sublimated patterns associated with when they wear teal or red. They officially have 2 home whites, 2 road grays, red, black, latin, and throwback as uniform combos this season. ERROR: fonts are wrong on default.
Padres: MISSING-new camo jersey and hat and they still wear last years camo too. ERROR-1978 Home/Away missing names on the back. New brown alt looks greenish (can anyone confirm if this is a lighting issue?)

EDIT: This is the best I can do so far with a youtube video. I'll have to look myself and play games with teams to see little things like incorrect accessories or fonts/outlines. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-edition.html This is last year's and I'm sure most of those errors will carry over like the Rays not having an outline over their name on the light blue alternate.

BONUS: here's my packs from GameStop code. Feel free to post that it's used (or pm me) as to not waste everyone's time entering it p968-4cn5-6cke...

did anyone use this yet? I will enter the code in a few days. If it was used, all I asked was for a post or a pm if you didn't want it public. I often post stuff like this, but won't do it if there are greedy or ungrateful people just taking it. EDIT: I know the code was used, but nobody owned up to it. I never play any ultimate team and they are usually preorder bonuses. I will not post another free code.

Last edited by cherman24; 09-03-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official 2016 uniform errors and omissions

This pertains to the throwback uniforms

Orioles: 1988 Home/Away missing names on back

Blue Jays: 1977 Home/Away blue caps are too dark, should be royal blue. Team accessories are also wrong color (black instead of blue)

Rays: 1998 & 1999 Home/Away Undershirts should be purple not dark green

White Sox: 1983 Alternate/1972 Home/Away have the wrong batting helmets as they have the default black batting helmet for all uniforms.

Twins: 1982 Home throwbacks should have Red batting helmets

Angels: 1997 Home/Away accessory colors are wrong. Should be Navy not Red.

Astros: 1980 Home throwbacks should have Orange batting helmets. 1980 Away uniform is way wrong as it looks more like the 1986 uniform and the uniform should be cream/off color not GRAY.

Rangers: 1994 Home/Away accessories should be Red not Black.

Braves: 1982 Home/Away missing names on the back.

Marlins: 1997 Home/Away batting helmets should Black, not teal. 1993 Away caps are missing black bill on caps and batting helmets.

Cubs: 1984 Home numbers should be Blue, not red. 1984 Away is missing names on the back. (had them right on 13 & 14 for PS3).

Brewers: 1993 Home/Away should be royal blue, not Navy.

Cardinals: 1982 Away should be a darker-lighter bluer as they appear almost near white.

Dodgers: 1981 Home/Away should not have stripe going down the soldier.

Padres: 1978 Home/Away missing names on the back.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Cubs have eliminated the grey road alternate for the 2016 season. It's not an omission.

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/713437085697486850
Old 03-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
It's time for my annual thread. This thread is dedicated to the main onfield home/road/alternate jerseys as well as any inconsistency with included throwbacks. This thread is meant to point out errors and not to criticize the slot system or style guide restrictions. I'm not fortunate enough to get my hands on an advanced copy, so I'll wait until I get mine or a YouTube video includes more than just jerseys. I will not consider one-off uniforms like Memorial Day or July 4th or Latin nights as omissions. Watch for this thread and feel free to add errors and omissions and please refrain from "it's cause of the guide" or "the slot system is dumb" or "NBA 2k does this or that" or "the 1971 pirates should be in" and stuff to that effect. Thank you and if you got it, enjoy the show. We will see you on Tuesday.

EDIT: All 2016 BP/ST jerseys are NOT in. Teams like the Cards and Tigers don't have their new hats. Most teams are using their alt jerseys with sublimation on the lettering/numbering with a ST patch. This will not carry over into the season.

Red Sox:
Yankees:
Rays: MISSING-Fauxback uniforms
Blue Jays:
Orioles:

Tigers:
Royals:
White Sox: ERROR-Road pants are still 2013 with white stripe. They use a black piping pattern now.
Twins: MISSING-new red jersey. ERROR-don't appear to have gold outlines on hats.
Indians:

A’s:
Rangers:
Mariners: MISSING cream alternate uniform and hat.
Astros:
Angels:

Mets: MISSING camo jerseys and hats.
Braves:
Nationals:
Marlins:
Phillies:

Pirates: ERROR all uniforms have the home/road/black uniform font where the throwbacks should have standard block font. MISSING- camo uniform and hat
Cubs: MISSING 2nd road gray jersey.
Cardinals:
Brewers: ERROR-wrong uniform on home throwback. Should be BREWERS and not in italics. Pants appear to be missing stripes. They modified pant stripes this year because some uniforms use gold and some use yellow. The pants use blue piping.
Reds:

Giants: MISSING Black lettered hat and Black alternate jersey.
Dodgers:
Rockies: ERROR (unless this is style guide or the team is changing back) the black vest has a purple undershirt.
Diamondbacks: MISSING Red jersey, black jersey, and associated hats (they have 7 hats this year). They just have the 2 base home and 2 base road combos. There are hats that have different sublimated patterns associated with when they wear teal or red. They officially have 2 home whites, 2 road grays, red, black, latin, and throwback as uniform combos this season.
Padres: MISSING new camo jersey and hat

EDIT: This is the best I can do so far with a youtube video. I'll have to look myself and play games with teams to see little things like incorrect accessories or fonts/outlines. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-edition.html This is last year's and I'm sure most of those errors will carry over like the Rays not having an outline over their name on the light blue alternate.

BONUS: If I can get over to GS before Tuesday, I will post my diamond dynasty pre-order code as I don't play that mode. Please don't ask me for the code. I'll just put it in here.
Brewers have eliminated the piping completely this year.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #5
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Cubs have eliminated the grey road alternate for the 2016 season. It's not an omission.

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/713437085697486850
I figured as much. I just couldn't see them taking them out for no reason. I just wish they would remove the blue home alt slot since the they haven't worn blue at home since 2007 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

It seems like this thread should be put on hold until the regular season has started. I've seen lots of people in the various streams talking about uniform issues that aren't even an issue. Some have been mentioned in this thread already (Cubs gray alternates eliminated, for example)

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 03-25-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Starducket Moon's Arena

OVR: 0

Mets eliminated the Camos this year. Watch for any alternate batting helmets as the Mets use only the blue helmet with the orange interlocking NY. The last couple years phantom batting helmets have been created for the game.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:58 AM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Not sure if this is an error or not but the Cubs no longer have their gray alternates that say "CUBS" across the chest. They introduced these a couple years ago at best (last year may have been the first, I really can't even remember). But they're fairly new. However, they are not in MLB 16: The Show. I'm curious if the Cubs are going to be using them in real life this year. If they're not it's strange that they would be in the game and then SCEA has taken them out.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »