Home

Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #25
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Just a heads up to all transferring your RTTS players. Currently there is a bug that affects both Franchise play and RTTS play. When transferring from 15 to 16, some of the players moral on the team is messed up. This could affect trades and FA signings. The devs are aware of the bug and are working on a fix.

So just a heads up, might want to postpone the transfer for awhile.

I've got a SP for SEA, CP for AZ and a 1B for AZ I might be transferring after things settle down.

Also, Ramone mentioned that the outfield cameras are different for RTTS outfield players this year. Supposedly easier to track flyballs hit to the outfield. Not sure the details.

The past couple of years I've stuck playing infield positions because it was so hard to track down hits to the outfield. Might have to try it out again this year.

I played a CF last year and you kind of got used to tracking the ball off the bat. In the end it wasn't bad at all.

If there is indeed a potential issue with carry over saves I will probably start my new guy first. I am thinking 3B. I have done 1B twice, second base once, and CF once along with a starter and reliever. I have never played SS or 3B.

I am thinking a big power hitting 3B since I have grown tired of how much extra time base running can add to a game. So a big slow 3b and running opportunities set to none.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #26
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I am thinking a big power hitting 3B since I have grown tired of how much extra time base running can add to a game. So a big slow 3b and running opportunities set to none.
Last year you had an option to select "Next Appearance" and it would fast forward.

This year, you have a Fast Play (Think thats the one) where it just speeds through the game if you are not involved.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #27
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm debating between carrying over my 2 players from 15 (A CF for the Blue Jays and a SP for the Indians). It would be a no-brainer, but the lack of a Vita version this years means I have to choose between transferring over and starting a new player on the Vita for 15, or keeping the old players on Vita and start a new one for 16 on PS4.

Last edited by metal134; 03-28-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:09 AM   #28
Pro

Just got in a 2-1 count (he gave me the two close calls which were actually strikes and the crowd starts booing) , and the umpire says "I've got two balls here"

What the hell? This is the ump

It can't be unintentional lol

Anyway. Really having fun with RTTS. Swing influence is really working well. I might have to up the difficulty though. I've hit 20 home runs in the past 3 days lol (like a month of gameplay)
Old 03-29-2016, 03:32 AM   #29
Rookie

sictransitchris's Arena

I turned off the showtime feature but still have these annoying moments in RTTS where the game goes slowmo and I'm forced to hit R1 to dive for a ball. No way to turn that off?
Old 03-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #30
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1

Made a 3B. Went back to school for 3 years and got drafted 1st overall by the Phillies. Crushed AA, Called up to AAA and shortly thereafter got called up to the Phillies. Team was out of the playoffs and didn't have a very good roster so I requested a trade and got moved immediately to the Rays for Cory Dickerson.

Now I'm batting DH for the Rays and loving the small stadium that they have... It's like a batters paradise. They Rays also have a pretty decent roster too.

Currently batting:
105AB .381AVG 20R 9HR 23RBI .771SLG

Sitting in 1st place above CJ Cron and Kevin Pillar for League Leaders in Batting Average, Tied for 3rd in hits with Cron and Hanley Ramirez, Tied 3rd in Home Runs with Brian McCann... Having a decent season so far.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:05 PM   #31
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Are you forced to have ball trail on in RTTS this year when hitting?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #32
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Official MLB 16 : Road to the Show Thread

I forgot from last year but can your potential change? So far I have a B potential, trying to get to A.

Edit: Nvm my potential changed after I went to a 1 year junior college after my first showcase. Ended up with an A and going 1st overall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

Last edited by KingTocco; 03-29-2016 at 07:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »