Home

BUG: Walk-off HR didn't count as HR

This is a discussion on BUG: Walk-off HR didn't count as HR within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
BUG: Walk-off HR didn't count as HR

The Bug link is not working, or the ShowNation website at all right now. But I want to make sure this is seen....

In the 11th inning of my game, score tied 1-1, White Sox vs. Mariners, I hit a wall-scraping walk-off Grand Slam with Jimmy Rollins. However, the animation showed Brett Lawrie being mobbed after crossing home, but didn't show Rollins at all. Not only that, the final score shows 4-1 instead of 5-1, and Rollins has only been credited with 3 RBI and 0 HR in the box score.

I took a screenshot of the box score, the gamelog showing "Rollins hit for a single, Garcia scores. Jackson scores. Lawrie scores. Rollins advances to 3rd", and also saved the video clip as well.

EDIT: Watched the clip, the replay appears to show the ball not actually leaving the yard. Explains why Rollins didn't get the HR, but why were the other runners allowed to count? Should have ended 2-1. So a bug for a different reason than I initially thought I guess.

Last edited by JoeCoolMan24; 03-31-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BUG: Walk-off HR didn't count as HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
The Bug link is not working, or the ShowNation website at all right now. But I want to make sure this is seen....

In the 11th inning of my game, score tied 1-1, White Sox vs. Mariners, I hit a wall-scraping walk-off Grand Slam with Jimmy Rollins. However, the animation showed Brett Lawrie being mobbed after crossing home, but didn't show Rollins at all. Not only that, the final score shows 4-1 instead of 5-1, and Rollins has only been credited with 3 RBI and 0 HR in the box score.

I took a screenshot of the box score, the gamelog showing "Rollins hit for a single, Garcia scores. Jackson scores. Lawrie scores. Rollins advances to 3rd", and also saved the video clip as well.

EDIT: Watched the clip, the replay appears to show the ball not actually leaving the yard. Explains why Rollins didn't get the HR, but why were the other runners allowed to count? Should have ended 2-1. So a bug for a different reason than I initially thought I guess.
Yea, that's a bug that I have seen reported previously. You are correct; only one run should have counted and that should have been the final score but for some reason, the game allows the entire play to play out instead of just ending the game the moment the winning run touches home. A little annoying but not a game breaker, imo.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...port-bugs.html
Old 03-31-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
To be fair, the site is down at the moment. No one can report anything there.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

Quote:
The start of the post says the link is down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
The start of the post says the link is down.
Yeah that post wasn't there when I linked it
Old 04-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Yeah...I know...first 6 words of the comment you replied to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
Yea, that's a bug that I have seen reported previously. You are correct; only one run should have counted and that should have been the final score but for some reason, the game allows the entire play to play out instead of just ending the game the moment the winning run touches home. A little annoying but not a game breaker, imo.
It actually didn't let it play out, as soon as the ball made contact with the ground, it cut to Lawrie being mobbed as the "winning" run, even though he was run #4. The game just simulated the 3rd and 4th runs scoring and placed Rollins on 3rd for some unknown reason. Not a game breaker I guess, but I love realistic statistics and that would bug me in franchise, or especially RTTS if my closer is now getting charged with 2 extra ER that should have never counted.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #8
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

I had a Walk Off HR but the only problem was there was no distance on the HR which was disappointing. HR counted though.

The interesting thing that was brought of up was an apparent HR NOT being an HR. I had one where the announcer, off the bat, thought a ball was a HR, the fielder thought it was and I thought it was but then it it off the top of the wall and surprised everybody. Line drive blast that didn't make it.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 04-02-2016 at 09:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »