Home

Pitch Confidence - Now You See It, Now You Don't

This is a discussion on Pitch Confidence - Now You See It, Now You Don't within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
Pitch Confidence - Now You See It, Now You Don't

Do we know the 'rules' by which this mechanic works?

I have Pitch Confidence turned on in game options. I can't remember the exact language and the name of the setting, but it's the one that lets me see the pitcher's confidence rating for each pitch in his repertoire as a circle around the pitch choice button. More filled in means more confidence.

But sometimes I am permitted to see this information, and when the pitcher's confidence wanes ... (I guess?) ... it goes away. I am aware that mound visits can restore confidence.

When does the game show you the information and when does it not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Pitch Confidence - Now You See It, Now You Don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm1961
Do we know the 'rules' by which this mechanic works?

I have Pitch Confidence turned on in game options. I can't remember the exact language and the name of the setting, but it's the one that lets me see the pitcher's confidence rating for each pitch in his repertoire as a circle around the pitch choice button. More filled in means more confidence.

But sometimes I am permitted to see this information, and when the pitcher's confidence wanes ... (I guess?) ... it goes away. I am aware that mound visits can restore confidence.

When does the game show you the information and when does it not?
From my experience when I'm pitching and hold down the R2 trigger I can see my pitcher's confidence in each pitch, as well as his overall confidence up top next to the green stamina circle.

Not sure if this addresses your concern.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0

I was just going to start a thread to discuss this issue before reporting it as a bug to get different reactions from different people. Im playing with PAD's sliders and his settings have pitch confidence turned OFF. Every single game up until yesterday I could still see the pitch confidence for each pitch and it would move throughout the game. I just ignored it thinking it played no factor. In my game yesterday I started a game with Matt Harvey and there was no blue circle to represent pitch confidence. I pitched 8inn with Harvey. In the 9th I brought in Bettances to close and the pitch confidence circles re-appeared magically and started moving again on a pitch to pitch basis.

Im thinking that its bugged and even when you turn pitch confidence off it is still actually on and playing its intended role when the confidence circles are visible. Ik last year pitch confidence was still displayed when set to OFF but the meter never changed. Im going to start paying more attention to this, but Im leaning towards bugged right now. More input would be much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

I have posted this before, and sent it to bug report. It is defiantly broken and seems to come and go as it pleases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »