Home

Rage Quitting: We've All Done It...

This is a discussion on Rage Quitting: We've All Done It... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #25
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Rage Quitting: We've All Done It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
That's baseball Suzyn.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Who is Suzyn?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 11:37 AM   #26
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Who is Suzyn?
Suzyn is Suzyn Waltman, the Yankees color radio broadcaster.

The phrase is often said by John Sterling, the Yankees radio play by play announcer.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #27
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

I can honestly say that I have never rage quit playing the show. Maybe it's because I don't feel like the CPU is flagrantly cheating, maybe its because the baseball is such a dynamic game where even the best slump and make errors etc. I just don't feel cheated or angered playing the show. I can get shelled, or choke in the 9th inning, but as others have said; that's baseball.

Having said that.....I have broken several controllers playing Madden. Awakened my family yelling profanity, thrown controllers that didn't break and almost thrown one through the screen of a $2500 TV. This isn't the proper forum, but that game has historically caused a few meltdowns. I don't mind losing, I like the challenge. I just cant stand being cheated, or having AI players suddenly behave like preschoolers because I am up by 17 points in the 4th quarter. There's noting worse than having a CPU QB that has struggled all game suddenly go 13 for 14 with 3 TD and 200 yards passing in the final 8 minutes because no coverages can stop them.

I don't see that sort of thing in the show. Maybe I am just blissfully unaware, but this is the greatest sports simulation out there in my opinion. And the only one where each game truly feels organic. I love that ever player has hot and cold streaks, and even my best pitchers sometimes "just don't have it". But the bottom line is that the Show just doesn't drive me into a full blown rage and subsequent hissy fit
Old 06-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #28
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

can't say I have never rage quit, hell almost did it last night. there are times this game just gets to you. I used to cheat a lot when I felt the game wasn't playing fairly in past editions but so far haven't resorted to that this year (take them loses, its a long season). but man, I know the feeling about the ump squeezing you to have the next batter hit a grand slam, it happen at least 4 times this year to me.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:31 PM   #29
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow, I'm surprised by the collective high character shown here. When I read the OP I kind of agreed with the notion that "we've all done it".

My excuse is time. If I'm in the playoffs in Madden and get eliminated I don't have the time to start another season. (Technically speaking this may not be a rage quit since I revert to another save file).

I'm also bad that way in the TW golf game, I want to play in the Masters and I don't have the time qualify entirely legitimately.

I don't do this sort of thing a lot with this game because like others have said there are lots more games to go. (It's been a while since I made it all the way to the playoffs where I'm sure the same behavior pattern would emerge.

I feel like a bad person. BTW I'm 58 years old.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #30
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

I really only started playing sports games ALOT (daily) about a year ago before that I really only played them every once in a while. When I first started I would get pretty mad about things that just didnt seem natural to the game.

Started with Madden and seeing things such as a CPU controlled linebacker just sit in front of the quarterback apparently in coverage but there is noone within 20 yards of him and he isnt going after the quarter back is frustrating. Especially when they throw a bomb that same play.

Then on to NBA 2k would get frusturating once again a lot but eventually it subsided.

Now onto MLB The Show once again when I really started playing it this year it was rough but once I got better it has slowed down. Admittedly I do rage quit from time to time. My biggest problem with The Show is base running. When I only want to send someone to 3rd but inadvertently send my running from 1st to 2nd its frustrating.

I am working on it I have lost a few controllers but more than anything for me its being frustrated with my self. Once I get better at the game and I accept the fact that a game cant be perfect then it is usually a lot better.

I still yell but that is part of the fun for me.

I will say there is no better feeling than giving up a couple of home runs then exploding for 4-5 runs in the next half inning to take the lead.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #31
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
When it comes to sports games and especially baseball, I never rage quit. I just motor thru and use a drubbing to get other guys into the game, if I lose a close game because of some baby back BS calls.....part of the game. Do I cuss and drop F-bombs? Oh yeah. Do I slam my fist into the carpet? Oh yeah. Quit though? Never.

Now....non sports games? That's another animal.

NES Ninja Gaiden anyone?
+1 for the use of baby back BS. Well done indeed sir!

I've quit, I don't know if it can be counted as rage quiting since I just quietly hit the PS button and shut her down.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #32
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Id be lying if I said I hadn't done it. But usually if I do it in Franchise Mode i feel guilty about it and end up "rage quitting" the entire franchise. Most of the time this happens less than 1 month into the season.

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »