Home

Best Rebuilds?

This is a discussion on Best Rebuilds? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #9
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Best Rebuilds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
IRL they figure to be the most improved team in MLB. If the Inciarte/Swanson for Miller trade happened in the show it would be rejected for being too lopsided.
I thank Dave Stewart every time someone mentions Dansby Swanson.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #10
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Attempted to do one with the Reds, last year, but gave up pretty quickly. May try again, this year.
#WeAreND
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Surprised no one has mentioned the Phillies. Huge market team with pretty much no outlays at the moment and a decent amount of prospects right in the edge of breaking through, plus two young potential aces with tons of contract time in Velazquez and Nola. Only really short at 1B and 2B for almost major league ready great prospects, along with the back end of the rotation needing sorting out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I hate the Angels but after OSFM hits, it will be interesting to look how their farm turns out.
Then throw in a 2016 record of 74-88 on the big-league squad for a next to last division finish, aside from Trout, what ya got? Simmons at SS and maybe Calhoun? I might consider seeing what Trout could bring in exchange for pitching.
This team could win 60 in 2017, 60 in '18
or they could challenge for a wildcard right away, with the right man at the helm, making the right moves.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I hate the Angels but after OSFM hits, it will be interesting to look how their farm turns out.
Then throw in a 2016 record of 74-88 on the big-league squad for a next to last division finish, aside from Trout, what ya got? Simmons at SS and maybe Calhoun? I might consider seeing what Trout could bring in exchange for pitching.
This team could win 60 in 2017, 60 in '18
or they could challenge for a wildcard right away, with the right man at the helm, making the right moves.
I did an Angels Franchise in MLB 16, and Calhoun tuned into a stud in 2 years. 39 HR's, 106 RBI and a .281 average. Trout had 27/112/.278 for me that same season. Pujols was still hanging on, 26/76/.237

A generated minor league catcher and a generated minor league 2B turned out to be starters for me, and Tyler Skaggs and Andrew Heaney turned into really solid starting pitchers.

But yeah, with OSFM, the Halos won't really have much in the way of prospects. It could be really tough unless you can trade away Trout, Heaney, Calhoun, and anyone else you can, probably, to get young players with high potential that you can let develop over several years.

ok, this reply turned out to be much longer than I intended....
Old 02-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #14
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

The Brew Crew. Aside from being my favorite team, love Miller Park and the uniforms. We definitely need pitching, might try to let Braun go to get young talent to develop. I havent play the Show in about 2 to 3 years, very excited about MLB The Show 17.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 02-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I thank Dave Stewart every time someone mentions Dansby Swanson.
Stewart was only doing what LaRussa wanted him to do.

The Braves have a good mix of veterans and youngsters. They will contend for the playoffs and in the new ballpark I expect them to draw good attendance.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
Rookie

ondreythegiant's Arena

OVR: 4

Good stuff goin on in here. I like the idea of the Phillies...big Odubel fan. Padres seem like they might be the biggest challenge, but I think I might get a little bored with them with so many fresh, unknown faces. The Angels are kind of interesting too with a mix of some youth and vets. Good stuff.

Checked out the Padres depth chart the other day...and man, it could be a long year for them. I'm a pretty big baseball fan across the league and didn't recognize a few of the names I saw there.

Subscribe and follow!

Last edited by ondreythegiant; 02-24-2017 at 10:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »