Home

MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode, HDR Confirmed (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode, HDR Confirmed (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #161
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode, HDR Confirmed (Archive Available)

Ramone is there a reason you can only switch to 3 teams rather than every team in the offseason? I would love to switch from a high payroll to a low payroll without restarting a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #162
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream is LIVE - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No sir if you are on the Mets in the FE then you only see the Mets games on the schedule. You will only get CS for the team you currently have selected in the FE.
Got it. Makes sense.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #163
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Humm ok...so I guess you can't play CS from other teams in the league when simming a day or 2 unless you select another team when simming that day.

Let say I'm the Mets who's having a Monday off but would like to play the CS on that Monday. Only way is to pick a team, sim that day and prey to have a CS for that team that day !!???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes that is correct. Whomever teams schedule you are looking at is the one you will get critical moments for when you sim on the schedule screen.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #164
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I have been hesitant with the state of the forums lately to share my opinion on all this but I have actually been writing this for a day or so and I think it works they way I intend it to.

I, like most of you, have been a fan of The Show for a long time. We each have our own reasons why this game is important to us and those reasons are as varied as the way we play the game.

I play Franchise and RTTS exclusively. I have messed with DD and Battle Royale a little bit. But those modes are just not for me. I like collecting the cards and use the equipment in RTTS of course. But I don't care about it's status. I will use a bat because it a Louisville Slugger not because its a Gold or Diamnond.

I love these modes and I know I lot of you do too. I play every inning of every game, just like a lot of you as well. What I don't do anymore is play a lot of other games. I reallized about two years ago that I was buying all of these games and I would play The Show and one or two RPG's in the course of a year. That realization has changed the way I do things now. Last year I bought 5 games total and so far this year I have bought one. The Show will be number 2.

The Show is my go to game, 2 or 3 games a day, more if I have a day off. This is the way I like to play. Slow and steady, I love when my games take 2 hours and I consider it time well spent. I was super excited for '17 and I guess in a way I still am a bit. I am all for options and I am glad they are a successful developer, they certainly deserve to be. I have the utmost respect for them and their game. They have done things for me personally that are simply amazing.

With all of that said. I am not really happy for the direction the game is taking. I am happy for all of the new players, I am happy for The Games success, I happy for the Developers. But I am not happy for me. Every year it seems the game gets a little further away from the game I want it to be and thats fine. Thats the way these things work. I will purchase '17 day one but then I think it is time for a break from the yearly cycle. I usually get about 4-5 years of a franchsie done and I rarely carry over becuase The Show always seemed to give me a reason to want to start over. This year with the additions of AI, lighting, models, uniforms, new park for Atlanta, updates for RTTS etc. I will be starting over again.

The difference is this time I think its for good. While I still believe The Show is a good product, it is changing into something that does not interest me. Maybe down the road things will change and I hope they do. But I think I can be content with '17 and let time move on without me.

Wish you all the best and see you in the ballparks.
I'll keep playing the game and keep buying it but the direction they are going in franchise isn't where I think they should be going. Last year they added quick counts. This year quick manage and critical situations. I wonder if they have crunched the numbers and determined that's how most people want to play franchise mode - primarily as a sim.

I like the addition of quirks and after Luis explained it I like it even more but would have preferred programmer time spent on something like adding create-a-team to franchise instead of the stuff they added. To me - speaking only for myself - quick manage and critical situations do not add depth but just the opposite.

I'll keep buying the game though because baseball is my favorite game and the show is the best baseball game currently on the market.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #165
Rookie

zman2392's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
No sir if you are on the Mets in the FE then you only see the Mets games on the schedule. You will only get CS for the team you currently have selected in the FE.
Does this include AAA teams. If I have played my Bluejays game for the day, am on the Bisons schedule, and want to go to the next day can I sim that game and maybe get a critical situation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #166
Banned

Re: MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Franchise Mode, HDR Confirmed (Archive Available)

From the gameplay parts of the video I was very disappointed that the player movements are still sub par. How many years are we going to have to wait to see the smooth swings and throwing motions that PYS has had for years?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #167
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Because it's astronomically difficult, again we are a small dev team relative to other sports titles. We have one programmer for Franchise mode 1. And he's amazing but its one body.

The first thing we looked at this cycle back in April of last year for franchise mode was rotating schedules I want this feature, Luis, wants this feature Daniel the programmer wants this feature.

He looked at the code and told us we can't do this in 8 months it's too much code, too risky, and that would be the only thing we got. So we choose to work on Quick manage and critical situations. We love these features, our SVT wants these features and they took all 8 months to implement correctly.

Nothing is as easy as it might seem on the outside.
Thank you for explaining this Ramone.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #168
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
While I'm sure to give quick manage a shot to be more active with games (I just sim), there's not much else said here that excited me for the mode. Sure, the streamlining is welcome as are player quirks, and the prospects stuff is cool. However, I was looking forward to changes w/ progression/regression, trade logic (even 3-team trades), mid-season contract renewals, improved free agent logic, and jersey customization (you know, since teams in real life actually change uniforms from a little to a lot).

Nonetheless, my biggest hope for MLB 17 was the improved graphics/presentation, and they definitely delivered that this year. How could I forget, the much improved generic players are huge. I can't wait to see what they did RTTS, my most frequently played mode. All in all, the Franchise improvements weren't huge, but they weren't small either. It's easy to forget that OVERALL, they've done a lot with this year's game. So here's to hoping Franchise more radical attention next year.

They touched a bit on budget, but does any one know whether revenue is tied to crowd attendance? I really wish they'd bring back ticket sales/loans/tv deals and jersey sales for a more concrete idea of what's impacting the budget. Then having a star would be even more important to jersey sales. You know, cool effects like that to revenue. Wouldn't hurt to incorporate promotions either (think that was an MVP Baseball thing).

While I'm not blown away by the new Franchise mode as much of what they talked on was stuff that was already in the game, I'm still very excited for the game. They've put in work. Bring on RTTS livestream!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »