Home

Why are the servers still down?

This is a discussion on Why are the servers still down? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #241
Rookie

Belkbuzze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are the servers still down?

Oh that hurt. I hope they'll fix it for you!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #242
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Small studio + tons of new consumers and higher than anticipated demand = downed servers.

Servers crash the beginning of every year. Traffic is probably 10x what it will be for the rest of the year.

Please, please give them a break. Servers are frakin expensive, and not exactly easy to maintain.

Bullsh@%, any good development company knows about scalability. There are plenty of solutions available to gear up for high volume traffic at release. They could simple rent additional server space/bandwith at a good enterprise data-center for a week or two. There is no excuse in 2017 for this to occur with last years sales being over 1.03M copies in 2016.

This is likely one of two things, a calculated risk that they are willing to take as a hit on their PR. Ask yourself this question, after nearly 48hrs its still not fixed, yah! The fix is simple, wait until the traffic fits into the projections and call it a day. The other question is why does this happen every year. No its not because of to much traffic, its because someone has the idea that scalability is what happens a week after release because the customer has walked away and just has to grin and bear it.

Thats my rant, because it takes me 1-3min to see the stats of each dam card. Actually now that i think of it, this might not be a San Diego Studios issue as it might be Sony PlayStation that owns and operates the data-centers.

Last edited by ruskoz; 03-29-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #243
Rookie

BalootheBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskoz
Bullsh@%, any good development company knows about scalability. There are plenty of solutions available to gear up for high volume traffic at release. They could simple rent additional server space/bandwith at a good enterprise data-center for a week or two. There is no excuse in 2017 for this to occur with last years sales being over 1.03M copies in 2016.

This is likely one of two things, a calculated risk that they are willing to take as a hit on their PR. Ask yourself this question, after nearly 48hrs its still not fixed, yah! The fix is simple, wait until the traffic fits into the projections and call it a day. The other question is why does this happen every year. No its not because of to much traffic, its because someone has the idea that scalability is what happens a week after release because the customer has walked away and just has to grin and bear it.

Thats my rant, because it takes me 1-3min to see the stats of each dam card. Actually now that i think of it, this might not be a Sand Diego Studios issue as it might be Sony PlayStation that owns and operates the data-centers.
Could not agree more. Business 101. They happily send out the supply, but have absolutely failed at keeping up with the demand.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #244
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I really thought it was my connection that was the issue but it seems the servers are horrible. It was never this bad with the last gen versions.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #245
Rookie

Sethward79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Small studio + tons of new consumers and higher than anticipated demand = downed servers.

Servers crash the beginning of every year. Traffic is probably 10x what it will be for the rest of the year.

Please, please give them a break. Servers are frakin expensive, and not exactly easy to maintain.
Posts like this are the reason these issues keep cropping up every year. They know they can get away with a little heat because people are out there willing to "cut them slack" or "give them a break". We should not stand for this. If you're going to hype your product, take our money (and not be required to refund it) and then don't deliver, we should all be livid. I didn't pay to have a game that only starts working after a couple of weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #246

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethward79
Posts like this are the reason these issues keep cropping up every year. They know they can get away with a little heat because people are out there willing to "cut them slack" or "give them a break". We should not stand for this. If you're going to hype your product, take our money (and not be required to refund it) and then don't deliver, we should all be livid. I didn't pay to have a game that only starts working after a couple of weeks.
Yet you'll be playing this year and will buy again next year.

Hypocrisy works both ways.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #247
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

This is aggravating as ****! Every little menu change is a 45 second load. I can't wait to see what an online game is like.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #248
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

The servers being overloaded affects OFFLINE FRANCHISE PLAYERS also, because every time you play a game, win a game or whatever, you get a new card / item of some sort which has to ping the servers.

So in turn, offline players have to wait 45 seconds to a minute between every game because the servers are overloaded trying to give us cards that we don't really care for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »