Home

My RTTS CF only DHing

This is a discussion on My RTTS CF only DHing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My RTTS CF only DHing

This my first year playing MLB The Show and I am loving it so far. I do have a question about my CF in RTTS. He's in AA and he's far superior to both CF'ers or any OF'ers in both hitting and fielding but in his first 25 games so far he has never been given an opportunity to take the field in his or any OF position. It sucks because I'm really enjoying the mode but I wish there was a way to tell the coach to play me. Is there a work-around to this? Has anybody else had this problem? Thank you in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: My RTTS CF only DHing

The game's manager AI mostly goes by OVR/attributes, so unless you are better in those numbers, the AI doesn't think you are actually good, even when you could be performing in terms of stats.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had this same issue, CF and all. The RttS AI is pretty stupid on the whole. I did my initial test, got picked n the 5th, and went back to JuCo. I did a LOT better the next year, and was rewarded by going in the 6th and getting a D potential.

Anyway, yeah, I was a CF set to DH for the Biscuits (TB). After about 2 months, they put me in the field...finally. That lasted all of, like, 3 games. They moved me to 2B, and I've stuck there since. I don't mind too much because gaining points on the infield is a lot easier than the OF. You get to cheat on plays a lot better, double play chances mean more outs for points, and you get the time-stopping reaction plays that add to your totals.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for your replies. The crazy thing is my OVR is better and still position players with far less skill are chosen over me.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:24 AM   #5
Pro

shark547's Arena

How high is your durability?

That plays a pretty big role in your RTTS player being a starter. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 04:32 AM   #6
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

How's your defensive ratings compared to them? I remember a couple of years ago, my player was DH'ing for a good chunk of the season after playing horribly defensively and my defensive ratings weren't that much better than the other outfielders.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsareBugs
How's your defensive ratings compared to them? I remember a couple of years ago, my player was DH'ing for a good chunk of the season after playing horribly defensively and my defensive ratings weren't that much better than the other outfielders.
I think you're right. I was DH instead of CF at the start of my AA for weeks until I raised my Fielding and Reaction to close to what the AA starting CF was at (66 Fielding 62 Reaction). Once I raised both to low 60s while completely ignoring every other stat, I became the starting CF.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #8
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar1
I think you're right. I was DH instead of CF at the start of my AA for weeks until I raised my Fielding and Reaction to close to what the AA starting CF was at (66 Fielding 62 Reaction). Once I raised both to low 60s while completely ignoring every other stat, I became the starting CF.
That's not realistic especially if you're a high pick to never play CF, or SS. I had good defense and still played DH for months instead of SS. Plus who never plays an 18 year old SS, at short?

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »