Home

Shohei Otani in The Show

This is a discussion on Shohei Otani in The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Shohei Otani in The Show

With Shohei Otani possibly coming to the U.S. in 2018 and included in the OSFM rosters, how do you plan to use him in the game? In real life, it is likely he will sign with an AL club to DH between starts. However, that isn't possible in The Show. So would signing with an NL club to hit as a pitcher be a better option? I'm running a 30 team control franchise and am looking for options on where to have him sign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Shohei Otani in The Show

Weird. He's only been hitting this year; he's got no pitching stats at all nor fielding.

But what stats they are. I realize Japan isn't MLB but those are some big numbers last year.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quick question for show experts - I put Otanis attributes all down so he wouldn't get signed season 1 and left him in free agency. I completely forgot about him, anyone know how I can stop him from retiring at the end of the season?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

I don't think so. I read on here earlier anyone not signed before June 1 will retire
Old 04-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

OVR: 0

I signed Otani. He's on my Yankees AA team & will remain there for the first half. Then I'll move him up to AAA at some point. During my first off season, I'll incorporate him into the big club.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Quick question for show experts - I put Otanis attributes all down so he wouldn't get signed season 1 and left him in free agency. I completely forgot about him, anyone know how I can stop him from retiring at the end of the season?
Just write down his ratings and recreate him on whatever team you want with a lowly rated player? I moved his potential and stamina all the way down to 0. Not sure if that will cause him to retire. I had planned on having him a free agent at the end of the season to see who signs him

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #7
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

OVR: 0

This seems to be an inevitability now. Is anyone creating him as a two-way player? If not, do you have any suggestions based on his pitching motion and on his batting stance and swing?

I think I will make him as an upper 70's pitcher and hitter. I know I can sub him in as a hitter but I don't think the game will let you start a pitcher as a DH. I don't want to make two of him so I may just use him as a pinch hitter and pitcher.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

What ive been doing is when the dh comes up first time around in the order, sub him into the game then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »