Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Hr's down after patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I think increasing Solid Hits + 1 is the key, in addition to Power + 1.
Yeah I'm going to have to veer off from the sliders I'm using in the slider forum and start tweaking on my own (which I can't stand tweaking sliders, the one reason why I hate sports games at times). I don't know what happened but power is completely slanted towards the CPU, I'm sure pitching on HOF has something to do with it as well, but the CPU just consistently belts deep HR's with guys with average or below average power. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about....

at Oakland - Josh Phegley and his 64 power takes a curve low, in and out of the zone and belts it 400ft+ opposite way for a HR.

vs LAA - Cameron Maybin (42 power) takes a fastball away and pulls it 400ft+ for a no doubt HR.

vs Baltimore - Ryan Flaherty (54 power) takes a fastball low and away and golfs it 430ft+ for a HR.

These aren't power hitters at all but they have zero issues hitting HR's off me on pitches that aren't even inside. Flaherty shouldn't be smashing pitches low and away for HR's. To top it off 2 of the 3 examples given were opposite field which I thought was toned down but I guess on HOF anything goes.

Now as for my power, I get pitches belt high, good timing, guy with 99 power (Nelson Cruz) and he pops it up lol. I could come up with a multitude of examples of balls that should be driven going absolutely nowhere. If I was hitting HR's on pitches grooved when I've worked the counts then I might be able to live with the CPU hitting ridiculous HR's but instead I go into every game knowing full well I'll have to play station to station and pray I don't give up any HR's otherwise I lose. This game went from HR happy to the dead ball era, at least in my experience.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

I will admit, I have been in a bit of a power drought post-patch. I don't have a large sample size as I haven't been able to play much recently, but it has seemed like balls that should be crushed are failing at or before the track a little too often.

I wasn't going to read to far into it, but with so many other people having a similar experience it does make me think that maybe it's not a typical slump. I'll play one or two more games when I get the time before making any changes, but I will keep an eye on power and exit velocity in general.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #11
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Now as for my power, I get pitches belt high, good timing, guy with 99 power (Nelson Cruz) and he pops it up lol. I could come up with a multitude of examples of balls that should be driven going absolutely nowhere. If I was hitting HR's on pitches grooved when I've worked the counts then I might be able to live with the CPU hitting ridiculous HR's but instead I go into every game knowing full well I'll have to play station to station and pray I don't give up any HR's otherwise I lose. This game went from HR happy to the dead ball era, at least in my experience.
I was seeing the exact same thing until I increased Solid Hits. Now balls that should be hit hard are line drives instead of pop ups. It won't always be a HR, and it may be lined right at someone for an out, but at least the power is back and HR numbers in general are back to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 10:34 PM   #12

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
I was seeing the exact same thing until I increased Solid Hits. Now balls that should be hit hard are line drives instead of pop ups. It won't always be a HR, and it may be lined right at someone for an out, but at least the power is back and HR numbers in general are back to normal.
Didn't touch power though just solid hits? I'm tempted to give it a shot. I did finally hit a HR in that game with Baltimore when Flaherty hit the ridiculous moon shot that shouldn't have been but I quit the game out of frustration so technically it didn't count lol. I usually don't quit games and take my lumps but lately the CPU HR's from unlikely sources has become too much to deal with.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I personally don't think it's down as I hit 66 HR's in 57 games post patch.
Holy crap!

57 games in nine days? That's crazy.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 AM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Didn't touch power though just solid hits? I'm tempted to give it a shot. I did finally hit a HR in that game with Baltimore when Flaherty hit the ridiculous moon shot that shouldn't have been but I quit the game out of frustration so technically it didn't count lol. I usually don't quit games and take my lumps but lately the CPU HR's from unlikely sources has become too much to deal with.

Power + 1 and Solid Hits + 1

Give that a whirl and see what you think. I even tried Solid Hits + 2, but it almost seems a bit too much. The good news is that it does make a big difference though, so it's nice that we have the option if needed at least.

I'm with you: I generally don't like to mess around a ton with sliders either. The nice thing about The Show is there usually isn't a whole lot that needs tweaked.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-19-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #15
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Holy crap!

57 games in nine days? That's crazy.

It is but I've been on the DL after getting hurt at work so I've plenty of time on my hands
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #16

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Power + 1 and Solid Hits + 1

Give that a whirl and see what you think. I even tried Solid Hits + 2, but it almost seems a bit too much. The good news is that it does make a big difference though, so it's nice that we have the option if needed at least.

I'm with you: I generally don't like to mess around a ton with sliders either. The nice thing about The Show is there usually isn't a whole lot that needs tweaked.
I'll probably give it a shot. My batting average isn't bad really it's more just the extreme lack of power suddenly, in your opinion does solid hits inflate batting averages or is it more just the contact slider that alters it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »