Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #17
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hr's down after patch

So If you if bump it up +1 on both solid hits and power... where are your sliders at now. Both at 6 or 7 ... what ? I'M curious. I want the game to have a realistic feel.. I rarely simulate a full game ... maybe an inning or two. I don't want to bump the sliders too too much and the game feel like a slugfest each and every game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 20

I don't see this issue. Homers are now balanced and it finally feels rewarding to hit them.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #19
Rookie

gp005's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree... game is playing really well... other than the odd ball going through my bat ( actually happens more often now)
Old 06-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
So If you if bump it up +1 on both solid hits and power... where are your sliders at now. Both at 6 or 7 ... what ? I'M curious. I want the game to have a realistic feel.. I rarely simulate a full game ... maybe an inning or two. I don't want to bump the sliders too too much and the game feel like a slugfest each and every game.

I had all the sliders at default and I just bumped up power and solid contact by +1. Its only been 10 games or so, but the numbers seem more realistic for me so far. If anything pre-patch I was hitting too many, although who doesn't like hitting lots of homeruns???
Old 06-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #21
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I'll probably give it a shot. My batting average isn't bad really it's more just the extreme lack of power suddenly, in your opinion does solid hits inflate batting averages or is it more just the contact slider that alters it?
Essentially what Solid Hits does is make you hit more line drives on squared up pitches instead of popups or lazy flys, so it will increase HRs, but it will also make your batting average go up a bit. For me, this is ideal because, after the patch, I was seeing a lot of balls that should be smoked just end up as weak outs, so I was seeing less extra base hits in general...so this did the trick, in addition to increasing Power + 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #22
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumodeads
I had all the sliders at default and I just bumped up power and solid contact by +1. Its only been 10 games or so, but the numbers seem more realistic for me so far. If anything pre-patch I was hitting too many, although who doesn't like hitting lots of homeruns???

Yep, just + 1 from the default on both (Power and Solid Hits).

Good to hear man. I'm seeing the exact same thing in terms of results. Absolutely loving the hitting with these simple adjustments. I'm hitting at least 1 HR per game, sometimes more, but also seeing more doubles in the gap, which I felt was lacking before as well.

Last edited by jeffy777; 06-19-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #23
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

It's definitely nerfed online from the sample size i played today 6/19. There probably testing hitting stealthy to get a feel of the community to arrive at a medium going forward. There is more % of hits like bloopers that outfielders cant get to, hits down the lines, and into the gap hits. A lot more pop ups, and weak fly balls. Scores have been like 1 - 0, 2 - 1 , 3- 1 type games. I hit 1 home run in each of the 3 games.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #24

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Well I gotta take back what I said, maybe it's a fluke but first game since commenting that power seemed down I went out and hit 4 HR's, racked up 15 hits and scored 13 runs in a 13-3 victory. I didn't change anything, figured I'd give it another few games before making any changes and glad I did. It wasn't just the top end power hitters that hit HR's either as Brett Lowrie (62 power), Robinson Cano (53 power) and Mitch Haniger (65 power) all hit HR's as well as Nelson Cruz (99 power) all off of LHP hence why Cano's power was so low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »