Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 06-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Hr's down after patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
For those talking about the HR numbers, it is important to note that IRL, this past weekend set a new record for the most HRs in MLB history. HR numbers are skyrocketing the past two years and actually increasing week after week this season. I'd like to think the default slider settings should reflect a high level of HRs and players who don't care for that style should be able to lower sliders accordingly
Well more importantly is a sharp increase in hr's refelected im sim games as well? If it's not, then increased hr's for played games for that reason shouldnt be there at all.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #34
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3
i haven't hit a HR yet. what sliders should I use?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #35

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
i haven't hit a HR yet. what sliders should I use?
Meanwhile I've hit 8 HR's in my last 4 games with all hitting sliders at default other then foul frequency down to 3. What difficulty level are you playing on? I'm on All-Star for hitting using directional.

EDIT - In my last game I hit 5 HR's including a 2-run shot in the ninth to tie the game and then back to back solo HR's in the 11th to give me the 7-5 lead and the eventual win. In fact all 7 of my RBI's were from HR's, game before that I hit a grand slam with Seager and those would be the only 4 runs I'd score that game. Suddenly all I can score off of is HR's but I'm certainly not seeing the power outage that I was for a bit there.

Last edited by The Chef; 06-21-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is getting blown waaaaay out of proportion. I have seen no difference in my offensive output than any other prior year. Even on Hall of Fame difficulty.

(1) When early in counts, layoff pitches on the corner. Do I feel squared up balls sometimes get popped up, yeah. But it seems like when that happens I'm swinging at something on the black and when you do the cursor gets really small and your margin for error is micro-small. You have to hit that pitch perfectly for it to go. As it should, the pitcher made a great pitch.

(2) Timing is everything this year. Take a pitch. Get your batter's stride down and the pitcher's delivery.

(3) Just as pitches on the corner make the cursor small, meatballs or anything off-speed and elevated give you a bigger cursor. Be patient at the plate and wait for the pitcher to leave something out over the plate. Other than line outs hit directly to the opposing player, rarely when I line up a ball with good timing does it not drop.

In summation. Don't get up and hack. Get your rhythm down. And wait for your pitch. Not rocket science.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 PM   #37
MVP

hyacinth1's Arena

OVR: 6

Did the +1 on solid hits and power. Played 3 games with the cubs, scored only 2 runs. And those 2 runs were on a HR in the 9th in my last game. Maybe I just suck at hitting now.

Hitting was perfect for me before these last few patches.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #38
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Did the +1 on solid hits and power. Played 3 games with the cubs, scored only 2 runs. And those 2 runs were on a HR in the 9th in my last game. Maybe I just suck at hitting now.

Hitting was perfect for me before these last few patches.
Why was hitting perfect? Cause you were doing good? Sounds like you are just slumping tbh.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #39
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Yeah I'm convinced my thing was just a slump. Now I'm back at it and feeling my results are very fair at the plate, all without any slider changes since the patch.

Maybe power is down since the patch, but I'm not complaining. Had some wonderfully tense games of late.

Edit: I also had the biggest blowout of the season in my favour in my recent stretch. 28-1.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 06-22-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #40
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94

(2) Timing is everything this year.
Good one. (or should that be just late one? I dunno, whichever is better)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »