Home

Hr's down after patch

This is a discussion on Hr's down after patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:58 PM   #65
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hr's down after patch

I am not sure that I am playing the same game as you all, my HR's are up and Nomo's CPU v CPU runs are showing the same thing! The ball flies more natural for me now as well. It doesn't fly 275 ft and then just fall out of the sky. It finishes a natural trajectory instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #66
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I am not sure that I am playing the same game as you all, my HR's are up and Nomo's CPU v CPU runs are showing the same thing! The ball flies more natural for me now as well. It doesn't fly 275 ft and then just fall out of the sky. It finishes a natural trajectory instead.

rjackson-how much do you think your CPU pitch slider settings have to do with the positive results you're seeing at the plate? I have found lowering certain CPU pitch sliders lead to an increase of meatballs which improves my hitting results. Leaving all of the CPU sliders at 5 allows them to hit more corners more consistently which has made hitting more difficult for me. I have noticed a difference in power since the patch with leaving CPU pitch sliders at 5. Could be a slump but I don't think so.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 06-28-2017, 10:40 PM   #67
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
rjackson-how much do you think your CPU pitch slider settings have to do with the positive results you're seeing at the plate? I have found lowering certain CPU pitch sliders lead to an increase of meatballs which improves my hitting results. Leaving all of the CPU sliders at 5 allows them to hit more corners more consistently which has made hitting more difficult for me. I have noticed a difference in power since the patch with leaving CPU pitch sliders at 5. Could be a slump but I don't think so.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
My educated guess is that all the extra pitches being thrown are tiring out the starters and making them more hittable. Getting a few more deep strikes or center cut pitches don't always give you better results though they are supposed to give you a better chance at better results. More of them are still outs for me. It still doesn't change that the balls' flight paths are more accurate to life now, though.

Keep in mind that it depends on what settings you use - with directional which is what I use, timing it right is 90% of the battle. Getting stuff more in the middle only helps incrementally. That is why the timing window is smaller with directional - to make it harder compared to those using zone that have a bigger timing window. It is also why Mike's human timing is at 2 and why mine is at 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »