Home

Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18

This is a discussion on Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18

MLB The Show 17’s Diamond Dynasty mode has seen a host of revisions since last year’s...

Written By: Elliott Jenkins

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think there should be more Franchise missions beyond the starters. The insane Diamond program grinds are way too much for someone like myself who also plays a lot of RTTS and Franchise to also include going into DD and trying to grind out 400 ABs with certain legends. Incorporating missions into the single-player modes would be a great way for the single player to be able to make some headway for programs as well, even if you have to enact some balance parameters like no sim accumulation and/or scaling rewards based on difficulty levels. But for someone who is knee-deep in a Franchise in addition to trying to piece together a quality DD team, I basically skip the programs and just wait for the special 20,000 Stubs pack that guarantee a Diamond inside instead of trying to grind one out for weeks on end.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
And also agreed on utilizing throwbacks and color schemes for DD outfits too! Great idea to break up the monotony of everyone just picking random neon jersey colors and calling it a day.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #4
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
How about a mission tracking screen via the pause menu in game or the touch pad? Say you can pick up to 5 active missions.

Or within the logo editor marketplace, the ability to look for something via text, like Forza has been doing for years.*
Old 08-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18

Overhaul vs CPU play. More options for vs CPU. Make vs CPU it's own mode instead of mission? I would love to see something similar to what Madden does in UT for vs CPU mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

DD has been fun this year but way to frustrating inbetween the fun parts. Love the content they add throughout. Daily missions seem like a waste, only 25 stubs for them. Ranked Seasons makes every game mean something which is great, but also adds to the frustration.

I have 2 main additions that would improve this mode a lot.

Offline Battle Royale. I love drafting a team and the tournament style. But it ends up being a waste because of the online cheese and online flaws. Draft a team, play against all 30 teams, choose a difficulty this will determine how quality your rewards are.

And in online play, the most frustrating part is when a CPU error happens that is out of the control of the player. Those animations of the ball going under an infielders glove, dropping a fly ball, and other stuff like that decides games and can drop your Ranked Seasons rating down 30+ points.

Madden has a separate play style for online games that eliminates the CPU errors not controlled by the player. Whether it be Wide Open drops by WR or poorly thrown balls to wide open receivers by the QB. These moments lost you games in Madden and it had nothing to do with your skill it was completely random. But now in Madden with that new play style, those mistakes don't happen in online play.

The Show needs something like that to put the game in the player's hands to use their skill to determine the outcome, not hope and pray your 3rd Baseman can field a ball 2 steps to his left or an outfielder can catch a ball. Player skill should be the main determinant, and it is right now, but with the random mistakes it could cost you a game and valuable points in Ranked Seasons or a loss in BR.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I agree about the issue with programs which include a mix of on-line and non on-line missions. I have a number of programs which are completed except for the two or so on-line programs. One possible fix would be to have missions which have alternative goals, one on-line and one non on-line. The person could finish the mission by completing one of the two alternative solutions. I also love the idea of having throwback uniform parts like pillbox hats and wool jerseys such as were worn around the early years of the major leagues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
I agree about the issue with programs which include a mix of on-line and non on-line missions. I have a number of programs which are completed except for the two or so on-line programs. One possible fix would be to have missions which have alternative goals, one on-line and one non on-line. The person could finish the mission by completing one of the two alternative solutions. I also love the idea of having throwback uniform parts like pillbox hats and wool jerseys such as were worn around the early years of the major leagues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed. I think in all missions that are currently for Online only it should always have an "Or vs CPU" option with a minimum level of difficulty, i.e. veteran or above, allstar, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »