Home

Player Development in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Player Development in Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0
Player Development in Franchise Mode

I haven’t been able to find much information regarding this topic. I’m in the second season of my franchise with the Athletics and I’ve noticed that there is very minimal progression growth with my young players. I’ve tried manually setting up my training objectives and leaving them stagnant for several months during the season, but I don’t see results.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this or is it a broken feature in the game? If anyone has had success developing players, I’d like to hear about how you did it and the type of growth you saw.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player Development in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack23
I haven’t been able to find much information regarding this topic. I’m in the second season of my franchise with the Athletics and I’ve noticed that there is very minimal progression growth with my young players. I’ve tried manually setting up my training objectives and leaving them stagnant for several months during the season, but I don’t see results.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this or is it a broken feature in the game? If anyone has had success developing players, I’d like to hear about how you did it and the type of growth you saw.

Thank you.

Seems to me that the training feature has little to no effect on player progression. I think what matters most is performance.

I play a lot of quick manage and playerlock with my AA and AAA squads in the first and second year of any franchise. Don’t actually play much of the MLB games until the highest potential guys in the system start to make their debuts.

If you can perform in the minors with your guys, they should progress. If you can’t, they are busts.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Seems to me that the training feature has little to no effect on player progression. I think what matters most is performance.

I play a lot of quick manage and playerlock with my AA and AAA squads in the first and second year of any franchise. Don’t actually play much of the MLB games until the highest potential guys in the system start to make their debuts.

If you can perform in the minors with your guys, they should progress. If you can’t, they are busts.

I do the exact same thing. I usually take over a rebuild, suck for two or three years and try to develop my young guys by playing with them in the minors. For whatever reason I enjoy developing the young pitchers more than anyone else even though this takes longer to play.
I'm not sure about the development other than that. I've only had one guy that I personally drafted, didn't play with in the minors, and never touched his attributes go on to be a star for me right out of the gates. I think I was playing as the Padres on '16 and he won the ROY hitting over .330 with 30 hrs. He would have been a HOFer had I kept playing that franchise. He kept that up for 5 seasons to start his career.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime98
I do the exact same thing. I usually take over a rebuild, suck for two or three years and try to develop my young guys by playing with them in the minors. For whatever reason I enjoy developing the young pitchers more than anyone else even though this takes longer to play.

I'm not sure about the development other than that. I've only had one guy that I personally drafted, didn't play with in the minors, and never touched his attributes go on to be a star for me right out of the gates. I think I was playing as the Padres on '16 and he won the ROY hitting over .330 with 30 hrs. He would have been a HOFer had I kept playing that franchise. He kept that up for 5 seasons to start his career.

I’m glad to hear that it is a possibility to properly develop young players. Player development is something I’m hoping they give some attention to in MLB 18.

I play with the A’s and am in the second season of a rebuild. I play the majority of my games and don’t want to feel like I’m wasting my time if my prospects don’t develop.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Franchise mode in this game is awful. Has been for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
Banned

NBALIVE19CFM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Franchise mode in this game is awful. Has been for years.
It's not that bad but I'll say it has been blatantly ignored.. Especially Online and it's sad!! Why the hell cant we challenge a tag I don't know... I remember them saying something about priorities back before 16's release but this has to be there this year!! It happens too often in the league for them not too!!
Old 02-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE19CFM
It's not that bad but I'll say it has been blatantly ignored.. Especially Online and it's sad!! Why the hell cant we challenge a tag I don't know... I remember them saying something about priorities back before 16's release but this has to be there this year!! It happens too often in the league for them not too!!
because they have said many times on several streams over the past couple seasons, that developing the challenge system would take away from other aspects they feel are much more important.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 02-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #8
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBALIVE19CFM
I don’t even use challenges in the game. It’s pointless to even have them in when the only thing you can challenge is out or safe at 1st. I treat the game as if challenges don’t even exist.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »