Home

Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

This is a discussion on Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisP41174
Are you kidding me? SONY is way bigger then 2k. Sony has way more people on their development team them 2k ever had. It has nothing to with sales dictating how many people work on MLB. No way no how . I am sure Sony's team is alot bigger then 2k sports.
You have to look at it as the size of San Diego Studio, not Sony. Plus the Show's sales pale in comparison to NBA2K

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #26

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Are you kidding me? SONY is way bigger then 2k. Sony has way more people on their development team them 2k ever had. It has nothing to with sales dictating how many people work on MLB. No way no how . I am sure Sony's team is alot bigger then 2k sports. If Sony was a 3rd party company then yes sales would dictate the development team but not like a company of Sony's stature.
Yea, you are very wrong with this assumption.

Last edited by kehlis; 03-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #27
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why do you guys have to knock me becuse Iam not allowed to critize the game. I have been playing baseball games since I was little. I am now 42. Just because I express my feelings on certain issues with the game I get replies back are you sure your a baseball fan.

I mean really people stick to the subject of the thread. Lol
Asking you if you really are a baseball fan isn't "knock"(ing) you. It's a serious question. Looking thru these threads there are a TON of criticisms of this game. Most of it appears to be over certain modes, or something "missing" from the game (some has to do with game play problems that some say exist and others say they don't see it), but there are a lot of complaints about this game. Don't see much positive posted about the game.

After a two year hiatus (as you say), it's a bit questionable how the game would get stale after five games? Not quite getting that they haven't added anything. Geez, we burden them with "add this", "add that", "this color is awful", "how come.....", etc. They do a fairly good job I think.

I was playing a game today and am sort of amazed at how much fun this game is and everything it has to offer. What a wealth of options, and it appears the presentation is getting a boost this year (especially like what they've done with create-a-player).
Old 03-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #28
Banned

I don't think it's fair to ask him if he's a baseball fan. I mean I'm a metal fan but I don't like Slayer, that must mean I'm not legit cause I don't like one of the most overrated bands of all time heh.

Anyways, baseball fans are a huge group of people, everyone gets different things from the RL game, just like they would The Show. I can see the points about the presentation being stale, and it is a bit of an adjustment period moving from 15 or 16 and going to 17. I don't especially like 17, at least not the gameplay so much. If you get into bells and whistles yeah there are some additions there that are kinda cool in the various modes, but the gameplay, eh it just feels off a little bit.

Sounds to me like this dude is just here simply for the gameplay and doesn't really dig it. In 17 specifically, I can't blame him too much for that, every game feels the same to me too in this version because of the catcher issues and how the AI manager uses the bullpen and other things. If you have some pretty glaring issues like that, it can easily and quickly start to feel like groundhog day.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

Is the non - first party ban off MLB games now? If there is no ban I m not sure companies feel like a baseball game is a good investment.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Is the non - first party ban off MLB games now? If there is no ban I m not sure companies feel like a baseball game is a good investment.
There are no exclusive baseball game license agreements right now. 2K had the only one and they don't make a game right now.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I mean, maybe baseball video games isn’t for you...

This can’t be a knock on Sony for producing an incredible game year in and year out. Maybe it’s just not the type of game for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Let's not get out of hand here, they make a good baseball game considering its the only thing out there for baseball fans, but its FAR from incredible. There are MAJOR aspects of the game that need to be fixed that they refuse to or dont have the know how to fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't get bored at all. I didn't play '17 because there were aspects that I didn't like, but it had nothing to do with boredom.

I just completed my 3rd season on '16 playing every single game from Spring Training to the last out whether it be at the regular season or sometime in the playoffs.

I am a baseball fanatic, and in my opinion, the Show does an amazing job of replicating the sport that I love.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »