Home

Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #33
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

I did this screen save from 15 or 16 I didn't know at the time that I had a ghost of me in it when I took it but it turned out really cool. My favorite picture of RTTS so I thought I would share. Can't wait for tomorrow !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 983685_10203327984832732_1558207536066994590_n.jpg (75.1 KB, 330 views)
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-21-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I did this screen save from 16 I didn't know at the time that I had a ghost of me in it when I took it but it turned out really cool. My favorite picture of RTTS so I thought I would share. Can't wait for tomorrow !!!
Looks like you got the shot right as the closeup transition was happening.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #35
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Looks like you got the shot right as the closeup transition was happening.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I couldn't even think how I could supper impose myself in a photo but cool. It was a lucky photo to take I guess.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #36
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm for sure making a starting pitcher in 18.

I had pretty much always made a starting pitcher but decided to change things up last year and made a power-hitting 3B. I had a blast in AA my first year. Then got called up to the bigs at the start of year 2 and things went downhill. I was on the Texas Rangers and if I didn't go 4-4 with 2 HR and 6 RBI, it felt like we never had a chance to win. I think we lost 110 games that first year. Every time I came to bat it seemed like we were already down multiple runs. Year 2 and 3 weren't any better. I did great, but the team was putrid and we lost 100+ games every year. I demanded a trade about 300 times and never got traded. I act like a jerk all the time and demand trades every chance. I don't know why they are keeping me! I was thinking of carrying him over to 18, but I can't take the losing and the Rangers anymore.

At least as a starter I feel like I can give my team a really good shot to win every 5 days. I'm thinking of making a tall, lanky lefty with a blazing fastball and killer slider, kind of like Randy Johnson.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #37
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I always wanted to make an outfielder, but never enjoyed tracking to the ball, so I was always playing infield or pitching. Stoked to finally play an outfielder!
Same boat here, could never get the hang of previous OF cams. Think I'll start an OF career on 17 with OSFM3 and carry it over so I don't have to wait on rosters to start. I also have a catcher with half a season in but I got a little carried away with training points, so not sure I want to continue that.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:02 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I'm for sure making a starting pitcher in 18.

I had pretty much always made a starting pitcher but decided to change things up last year and made a power-hitting 3B. I had a blast in AA my first year. Then got called up to the bigs at the start of year 2 and things went downhill. I was on the Texas Rangers and if I didn't go 4-4 with 2 HR and 6 RBI, it felt like we never had a chance to win. I think we lost 110 games that first year. Every time I came to bat it seemed like we were already down multiple runs. Year 2 and 3 weren't any better. I did great, but the team was putrid and we lost 100+ games every year. I demanded a trade about 300 times and never got traded. I act like a jerk all the time and demand trades every chance. I don't know why they are keeping me! I was thinking of carrying him over to 18, but I can't take the losing and the Rangers anymore.

At least as a starter I feel like I can give my team a really good shot to win every 5 days. I'm thinking of making a tall, lanky lefty with a blazing fastball and killer slider, kind of like Randy Johnson.
They might give you a option where your agent says he has swung a deal and you can move to whatever team you pick
Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 PM   #39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I have to know... will we keep our number this year if our team acquires a player with the same number? In case you're not aware, in years past if you were (for example) #3 and your team acquired another player with #3 you would move up to the next highest number. A lot of people seem to think it was based on who had the higher rating. I did not find that to be the case as my player was a 99 overall and had three jersey number changes in one season alone. It is super annoying to me and while it may be minor to some, it's virtually a deal-breaker for me on Road to The Show. Luckily, I'm mostly a franchise guy so I'll still enjoy the game. But I'd really like to be able to get into Road to The Show more... but I just can't until this is fixed.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will be continuing my Walter Sobczak 1B for any big lebowski fans out there. in year 2025. About to break the All time HR record.

I will definitely be creating a new one, as my wife and I are expecting our first, a son due in June, I'm going to start one named after him and make him a SS, because that's every dads dream is to have a son who is stud Shortstop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »