Home

Are graphics getting touched in 19?

This is a discussion on Are graphics getting touched in 19? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2019, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are graphics getting touched in 19?

It's a great looking gane of course but I've seen little to no mention of any graphical upgrades.

Any word on this? Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Are graphics getting touched in 19?

Don’t think much of anything has been said yet, but they usually talk about that near the end. There’s always at least a few new bits of eye candy, so we’ll just have to wait and see what it is this year.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:47 AM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

I’m not holding my hopes up considering there’s also nothing on the stream schedule. The dirt and uniforms could really use an upgrade in my opinion but it doesn’t look like anything has been touched.

I’m also hoping for dynamic weather every year...

I heard Ramone once say that it always takes them around 3 cycles on a new console to reach “graphical maturity” so I think everything it pretty much maxed out now. I must say it still runs smooth in 2K resolution and it looks pretty awesome on my Oled screen.

I think we won’t see any big graphical strides until the PS5 comes around the corner.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Things have changed for night games a little bit. Dusk skies are now purpler instead of that brown color, and I think the light shining on players may have improved as well (maybe more shadow crevices or something, not sure... but it seemed to be the case in the trailers).

You shouldn't expect too much improvement though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

The graphics look pretty solid if you ask me. I'm looking forward to what the PS5 can bring when the time comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I'm more interested if the frame rated drops have been addressed. The series used to be buttery smooth 60 fps when I started playing back 2012, and though graphics have improved slightly over the years, the performance has taken a huge dip.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
Rookie

The really need to do something about the graphics. For the last few years, every time a new game comes out, I feel like I've played it already. The game is extra stale and not worth $60 anymore. The updates are more marginal than every other sports game it seems.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I'm more interested if the frame rated drops have been addressed. The series used to be buttery smooth 60 fps when I started playing back 2012, and though graphics have improved slightly over the years, the performance has taken a huge dip.
I think it's more a hardware issue/limitation than anything else. Fewer PS4 games run a solid 60fps than PS3 games. Framerate was sacrificed for higher resolution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »