Home

Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

Okay boys and girls since we have an early release this year it's time to get the new 18 RTTS thread going.I will be bringing over my Cardinal 1st baseman from 17 which I purposefully stopped in April 2018 so I could start him at least with the right schedule. Hopefully he won't lose to much with the new archetypes all though he has good equipment I hope that still counts. I am thinking of making a solid all around CF this year and going all out to make him a 5 tool guy , I am hoping I can get drafted by my beloved Cardinals if not then my 1st baseman will have to suffice. Good luck to all the RTTS guys, I love this mode and can't wait to get started this year. Thanks to SDS for the RTTS love.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

Just finished up my 4th season on a CF I made in 17. Played every AB and fielding. Was drafted by the Cubs. Spent one year in minors. They traded Schwarber, moved me to LF and I found myself in the opening day lineup for the 18 season.

Hit .294/8hr/45RBI/45SB in 2018 and won the world series. In the off-season was traded to the Blue Jays.

Hit .317/21hr/74rbi/55sb in 2019. Made the all star team. Made the playoffs but lost in ALCS.

Just finished up the 2020 season
Hit .329/31hr/104rbi/51sb. Missed the playoffs by 2 games finished 84-78.

Another all star team. Silver slugger and finished 3rd in Gold glove voting.

This Jays team seems poised for a rebuild. Tulo retired. JD is getting old. And there are only 2 guys higher then an 80 overall. Could be a long next few seasons until I reach the FA market.

Be fun to carry him over. I actually like the archetypes will limit my player a bit more.

Last edited by eric7064; 03-19-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm definitely doing one as a pitcher, which I've never gone far with before. I wasn't gonna do one as a hitter, but I think I will given the archetypes and such now. Most of the time, I've been a speedy infielder. Debating on a power corner or a Mr. Reliable type outfielder. Should be fun.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:33 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I will bring over my MVP CF, who should hot Free Agency after his next season, and see how the archetypes will affect him. If I find the penalties of the archetypes on my new players too much I may keep playing them in 17.

Same goes for my Knuckleball throwing starting pitcher.

I am kind of not interested in starting yet another new career again this year.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

I am not a very good MLB The Show hitter, so I have started a Pitcher RTTS player in MLB 17 the other day that will get carried over into MLB 18. Despite not being a very good batter, luckily I was drafted by a NL team (the Pirates) so I will get some batting opportunities however I am still on the fence with wanting to be either a "Control Freak" or the "Plain Filthy" archetype pitcher in 18. Control is good, but I like the idea of being filthy.

My pitcher is doing well so far on the Altoona Curve Pirate's Double A squad. But it is a last place team with one of the worst offenses in the Eastern League. Run support is hard to come by. I even lost a game tonight 2-0 where I gave up both runs on 5 hits, 9 strike outs in 7 well pitched innings. But my offense only mustered up 2 hits for me while I was in the game and 2 more hits after I was replaced for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 7th.

It should be an interesting RTTS journey and it is refreshingly fun to play in Double A.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-19-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

I am totally pumped to see what 18 RTTS is going to look like on my new PS4 Pro, I bet it's going to look glorious. I love me some game play and eye candy.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 03-20-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Going to carry over my CF career who is rn in his 8th mlb season. Also going to carry over my sinker pitcher who is on his 2nd year in AA.

Going to probably make two new guys this year. A switch hitting infielder and another SP.

I like to play with everything set to legend from the start and then not adjusting the difficulty. Makes the minor league grind much more realistic. Also don't use equipment, just seems cheesy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I am definitely making an outfielder this year with the added cone to aide in the fielding.

I have not dived into RttS since the PS3, and not really played much of The Show this gen. Bought 14 and 16, but just dabbled in quick games. Not anything against The Show, I was on a gaming hiatus all around. Feels good to be back, and all the changes to what was my favorite mode, are going to feel insanely fresh to me!

Few more days!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »