Home

MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

What sort of return could Blake Swihart net? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #362
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm a bit curious here. Probably not possible but I have a little bit of an idea.

As Texas, I've made known that I'm selling at the deadline. Elvis, Adrian, Cole and Rougned are all out the door. I'd like to move Choo's salary which I know will be difficult. Is Choo movable as a salary dump if I include a prospect like Carlos Tocci for a lottery pick? If so, any teams that we can think of?

After that, I'd like to call Chicago up. I intend to sign Bryce Harper to the Cubs this offseason (30 Team Control). With that being said, they're likely going to need to clear up some cap space. Could I acquire Ian Happ if I were to take on Jason Heyward's salary? In return I could send them Delino DeShields Jr. and a prospect to be determined?
Old 04-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #363
Pro

OVR: 8

Im starting a franchise with the orioles. What would be teams that cpuld realistically trade for Manny Machado, eighter in spring training or before the trade deadline.

Im pretty new to baseball. And dont want to make a super unrealistic trade or just cheat the game and get as much as the game allows me.

I know the yankees are an option are there any more teams?
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #364
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Im starting a franchise with the orioles. What would be teams that cpuld realistically trade for Manny Machado, eighter in spring training or before the trade deadline.

Im pretty new to baseball. And dont want to make a super unrealistic trade or just cheat the game and get as much as the game allows me.

I know the yankees are an option are there any more teams?
Go to page one of the thread and click on the link and there are a bunch of trade options that will open up in an excel file
Old 04-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #365
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Just a thought, but If I take back Waino in a Donaldson to the Cards deal, how much does that move the bar towards getting Reyes? Saw the Donaldson for O'Neill/Greene, but I've got solid outfield depth right now. Willing to deal from that depth as well if needed to get a deal done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #366
Rookie

Pirates0515's Arena

I'm doing a pirates franchise and am looking to strengthen my bullpen. My bullpen has barely been used, but ik they are a weak group to begin with. Any ideas? I signed Trevor Rosenthal to a 2-year deal but won't bring him up until 2019 and do have Kevin seigrest in the minors but was looking for a power righty to pair with Felipe Rivero.

I'm also looking to upgrade at 3rd base. Wouldn't mind trading Colin Moran.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #367
Rookie

Pirates0515's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan30
What sort of return could Blake Swihart net? Thanks.
so this is a little bit tricky in the fact that swihart has been hurt for the past 2 years, but the good part is that swihart can catch and play the outfield and they are working on getting him reps in the infield. I think 2 high C prospects or a low B would work but again his value right now is low. When you get to the deadline put his stats in here since teams would want him to have played some games to determine a market value for him
Old 04-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #368
Rookie

As the marlins in looking to upgrade at SS and LF. I've thought about moving castro over to SS and moving Dietrich over to 2nd and trading for ellsbury but then castro gets injured for a few weeks. So now I'm looking at Marcus siemian, Aaron Altherr, Yasmany Tomas, and nick Ahmed. I just want someone that can fill in at short because Miguel Rojas defensive is atrocious. And I also feel like it's better to have Dietrich be able to move all over the field. Any suggestions? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »