Home

MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #1105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 The Show Trade Discussion

Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #1106
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiaz1
Blue Jays are 2nd in the east and have lost Garcia for the rest of the year due to injury. What would it take them to acquire Hamels, who is a FA after the season and is on a bad Texas team?
#10 Sean Reid-Foley
#12 Samad Taylor
#25 Justin Maese
Old 05-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #1107
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Looking for another meaningful bat for my Blue Jays. I’m looking at Ryan Braun from Milwaukee. Him, Yelich, Cain and Santana have all been getting plenty of time, but he has hit the worst of the 4.

With Santana hitting .313/.395/.687 with 12 homers and 33 RBI and Thames hitting close to .300, they are shopping Braun.

So far this year (152 ABs) he has hit .237/.314/.447 with 7 HR and 18 RBI. His RC is 21.3 and his WAR I would have to get after this game.

I haven’t gotten much from Granderson, Pearce, Grichuk or Pillar and could use him in the OF.

I would be willing to trade prospects or players from my active roster if it helps them/evens salary.

Any ideas? Thanks very much in advanced!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #1108
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Looking for another meaningful bat for my Blue Jays. I’m looking at Ryan Braun from Milwaukee. Him, Yelich, Cain and Santana have all been getting plenty of time, but he has hit the worst of the 4.

With Santana hitting .313/.395/.687 with 12 homers and 33 RBI and Thames hitting close to .300, they are shopping Braun.

So far this year (152 ABs) he has hit .237/.314/.447 with 7 HR and 18 RBI. His RC is 21.3 and his WAR I would have to get after this game.

I haven’t gotten much from Granderson, Pearce, Grichuk or Pillar and could use him in the OF.

I would be willing to trade prospects or players from my active roster if it helps them/evens salary.

Any ideas? Thanks very much in advanced!

By my math and using the formula and bWAR like the thread has used I got Braun at roughly $15 million of value. So not a ton would have to be given up, but if you make the Brewers take salary back you have to bump up the return

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #1109
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
By my math and using the formula and bWAR like the thread has used I got Braun at roughly $15 million of value. So not a ton would have to be given up, but if you make the Brewers take salary back you have to bump up the return

15 WAR is worth what prospect package? I’m not thinking of including too much salary. Maybe just Granderson or Pearce’s expiring contract to give them a bench OF along with the prospect package.

Im not sure on the Brewers needs but I could also talk Stroman for Braun. I think Stroman is worth more, so I think I would be able to take something back with Braun. Am I right?

Old 05-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #1110
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

A 50fv pitcher is worth roughly $14 million. Examples from the Blue Jays include Nate Pearson or a grouping of guys like Logan Warmouth or Reese McGuire plus Sean Reid-Foley

Old 05-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #1111
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
A 50fv pitcher is worth roughly $14 million. Examples from the Blue Jays include Nate Pearson or a grouping of guys like Logan Warmouth or Reese McGuire plus Sean Reid-Foley

How does this work:

Toronto gets Braun, Manny Pina
Milwaukee gets: Nate Pearson, Reese McGuire and Steve Pearce.

Pina is added to give me a backup catcher, while he only has 80 ABs this year (playing backup to Vogt). He’s hitting .187/.205/.237 with one homer. Bandy is playing well in AAA and could replace him.

Pearson is my 7th best prospect, McGuire is 21 (batting .214 in 56 AAA ABs) and Pearce will be a 4th OF, 1B/2B depth for them after losing Braun. Pearce hasn’t played a lot for me with Teoscar up and Morales hitting well. He’s .195/.239/.464 with 7 HR in 82 ABs.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #1112
Rookie

Earlier in the thread I saw someone post a trade of Jose Abreu to Colorado for tapia. That intrigued me. What would I have to give up to get abreu and bare jones?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »