Home

Feature I Would Love to have in MLB the Show 19

This is a discussion on Feature I Would Love to have in MLB the Show 19 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2018, 02:03 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Feature I Would Love to have in MLB the Show 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemayshayes00
Everyone has been asking for non roster invites since the show 09, also playable A ball. They are never going to put it in.
Never is a long time.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2018, 10:50 PM   #26
Pro

dansaint's Arena

My 2019 ideas:

-Fully customizable schedules. Have set ground rules as a blue print but allow us to create the schedule we want, within those parameters.

-Customization of manager/coaches. Allow us to change name, age, looks of the coaches in the same fashion we can edit players. Also allow us to have managers/coaches to have a base set of traits (more on that in the next topic)

-Coaches/Managers have "traits"...similar to the player traits. Each trait affects players and has positive and negative effects. Example: Manager has drill sergeant trait. Positives are it will improve fundamental skills of all players but it may affect morale. "Players manager" will improve morale of the team but may hurt some of the fundamental skills. Each coach will have their own traits that will affect the team at their particular role. Now each trait has a bronze, silver, gold, and diamond level. The higher the level you are at with that trait, the more positive effects you have and less negative effect from the trait. This changes levels as you play.

-Add Bench coaches to the list. I think they would add something because maybe you want your manager to have the "manage the clubhouse" trait but your bench coach is more of the "in game" manager. That way you can get both these traits have a more well rounded coaching staff.

GMs and they also have traits. One of the traits could be that he's not afraid to trade off prospects. While another trait could be that he isn't going to go after high priced free agents (for the most part) and is building internally.

-Retired players can come back as coaches. Traits that they had in their playing days will carry over somewhat to their coaching. So if a guy was a really good hitter....good chance he's going to be a hitting coach (at least to start out)...or if a catcher is really good defender (and maybe add the trait of "game caller" and "pitching whisperer") he may turn out to be a pitching coach to start.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

One thing I can say I wish we had in this: Owner. Mode. SCEA could literally use a carbon copy of the owner mode from MVP 2005 and I would be happy. That game is still enjoyable for me because of that mode and I so wish we could have it combined with the modernized gameplay that we now have. Heck, it was in The Show for several years after MVP went extinct. They could either do it in Franchise or make it its own mode, but I'd really like to see it.

In addition, expand the rosters and apply more rules to them. The transaction handbook that's been in the game. I want more than 90 on my roster, and I would really appreciate if there were some kind of game to derive Single-A stats from, even if those games were sim-only. IRL I believe the lower levels are allowed to have bigger rosters than they could ever need, maybe we could see that emulated with an expansion to allow us to have 110 roster spots in the organization(35 Single-A) and Single-A could become the video game equivalent of rookie league. In a perfect world, they'd be able to just add levels to the minors, but that doesn't seem like it's in our foreseeable future so I think just being allowed more spots would be a good move.

Things that I have seen elsewhere in this wishlist that I'd just like to reaffirm that they need to happen: non-roster invitees in spring training, contract extensions during the last season of a contract(I'd actually like to see us be allowed to offer extensions at any time, but that would require new AI logic to make it much harder to get players to accept extensions the earlier in their deal you offer), rainouts/doubleheaders(we've been asking for years), retired players becoming coaches(NBA2K either does this or did it at one point)

Brawls and suspensions. Some of the most memorable moments in baseball history have been brawls. I know MLB wants to promote a positive image of baseball for its fans, but MLB also wants to have fans and I think allowing brawls and suspensions would bring a little bit of fun in for people that think baseball isn't fun(and for those that, like me, think it is).
Old 05-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #28
Rookie

Yari's Arena

I suppose I'll be "that guy" and just state that Diamond Dynasty needs to have a truly offline experience, online is secondary. If I'm going to build a team in that, I'd like it to be available for more than one or two years and most certainly available without an internet connection. I'm collecting these cards, not renting them. While I'm on this topic of DD stuff, might as well try to remake The Crib as much as possible so that the new DD items they added can be interacted with, whether it's unlocking jerseys in-game or giving you little bobbleheads to add to your rendered shelf. From what I saw in the dev streams it mostly looks like pages in a binder, without the binder. I figure that in RTTS they already render the locker room so adding a feature like NFL 2k5's "The Crib" isn't too much of a stretch on the hardware.

Basically what I'm saying is make it as much like MLB 2k5 as possible (especially their pitching interface) and throw in an offline diamond dynasty.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

3 more wishes for the genie in the bottle:

1) another early March release day. early like, 1st or 2nd Tuesday in March early.

2) a pitcher on the cover is long overdue. but not Kershaw please. (hate L.A.) maybe Chris Sale or Alabama's own, Corey Kluber?

3) since nobody in 2017 wished Season Mode would be in 18, SDS saw fit to remove it.
in that vein, a preemptive strike for 19; please don't remove carry-over saves.

A Work in Progress
Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

and one to grow on:

3 words ~ Budgets for Dummies
3 more words ~ Keepit Simple Stupid

if I wanted to do math that gave me a headache, I'd play Arithmatic Simulator 19, Long Division Mode.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 05-10-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #31
Rookie

Can we just start with keeping proper records of WS champs and award winners? Sheesh.

Minor league stats and ways to check pitching attributes without feeling like you’re cheating would be highly beneficial too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #32
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

A separate, pre game data editor available on PC that allows to edit just about anything before starting a franchise, like the Championship Manager games have had for decades now. So you can edit everything, from what's already on the game, to managers/coaches, team profiles (fanbase, budget etc), schedules. You name it, you could easily do it with a separate editor. Then you could just download the edited file and start your franchise with it, with the current in game editor still their for minor fixes along the way.

Honestly think it's the way forwards, it would allow so much depth and options to be added to franchise, open up incredible historic options and generally just make everything 100 times more editable for those interested in that side of things. Slap a $20 price tag on it on steam or whatever and I guarantee you a lot of us would gladly pay, whereas thousands of others would gladly take advantage of the new and improved downloadable rosters in the vault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »