Home

The lighting in this game is a thing of beauty!

This is a discussion on The lighting in this game is a thing of beauty! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The lighting in this game is a thing of beauty. I am currently playing a Sunday afternoon game in September and the lighting/sun is different than that of a Sunday afternoon game in say June/July. I don't really know how to explain it other than it just looks like a late summer sunny afternoon vs an early, dog days of summer afternoon.

Same with the cloudy, rainy, foggy days of spring vs that of a cloudy rainy day during the summer. The fog and "dampness" of the air isn't there in the spring.

I know some may not view this as a big deal. Some may not even see it. Hell, maybe my old eyes are playing tricks on me, but man does this game look good and do a hell of a job of showing off the seasons.

Well done SDS...well done...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The lighting in this game is a thing of beauty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The lighting in this game is a thing of beauty. I am currently playing a Sunday afternoon game in September and the lighting/sun is different than that of a Sunday afternoon game in say June/July. I don't really know how to explain it other than it just looks like a late summer sunny afternoon vs an early, dog days of summer afternoon.

Same with the cloudy, rainy, foggy days of spring vs that of a cloudy rainy day during the summer. The fog and "dampness" of the air isn't there in the spring.

I know some may not view this as a big deal. Some may not even see it. Hell, maybe my old eyes are playing tricks on me, but man does this game look good and do a hell of a job of showing off the seasons.

Well done SDS...well done...
I believe it. I notice things like that and i love detail that gives that extra boost of realism. I already love how day games look in the game. I cant wait to see it in September.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the yellow transition from sunset to dark, but that's been mentioned enough in other threads that (aside from this one mention) I don't want to get away from your point here.

The daytime lighting, the cloud cover, the dull feeling of cloudy games...all that stuff is great. They really nailed it.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:25 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

somebody blow the roof off the Trop & let a little of that beauty in.

my only real complaint, & I know it's just because it's mimicking real life,
but there are some outfields that are, right up against the walls, that are just to dark for my personal preferences.

A Work in Progress
Old 06-28-2018, 04:36 AM   #5
MVP

I love the lighting in every circumstance except after the sun goes down - it’s not dark enough, the contrast isn’t stark enough (even in HDR), and the halos coming off the bats and helmets is way overdone. Everything else is fantastic though.

My favorite is the cloudy portions of the “partly cloudy” games that start at 4pm. Those look goddamn incredible.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 06-28-2018 at 04:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

During a day when game when clouds momentarily cover the sun, then the sun breaks through.........beautifully done.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:03 PM   #7
Pro

Appreciate the daytime but wish the same could be said for night time. Even though it has improved slightly over the years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »