Home

Award Winner Logic in RTTS/Franchise

This is a discussion on Award Winner Logic in RTTS/Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0
Award Winner Logic in RTTS/Franchise

I feel like the logic used for deciding award winners in RTTS/Franchise should be tweaked. For example, the CY Young award in MLB The Show factors in pitcher wins but in real life this stat has lost most of its validity. For the MVP winners, RBI’s are applied to the logic but in real life this stat is losing steam.

Perhaps we could see WAR be apart of the award logic and maybe OPS (and OPS against) as well. What do you all think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Re: Award Winner Logic in RTTS/Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo Colon
I feel like the logic used for deciding award winners in RTTS/Franchise should be tweaked. For example, the CY Young award in MLB The Show factors in pitcher wins but in real life this stat has lost most of its validity. For the MVP winners, RBI’s are applied to the logic but in real life this stat is losing steam.

Perhaps we could see WAR be apart of the award logic and maybe OPS (and OPS against) as well. What do you all think?
I mean, yeah, that'd be great, but it's fairly realistic considering the actual real life logic seems to be just seems to be just as broken...

Consider this:

Rick Porcello won the American league Cy Young in 2016 with a WAR of 4.8 (22 wins though...) over Verlander (7.2 WAR) Kluber (5.8 WAR) and Chris Sale (5.0 WAR). This is the first and only year I searched. I'm fairly certain that it's a recurring theme if you look through it though.

Also, Mike Trout has finished 2nd in voting 3 times, despite being the GOAT (He led the AL in WAR all 3 of those times...).
Old 06-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I mean, yeah, that'd be great, but it's fairly realistic considering the actual real life logic seems to be just seems to be just as broken...

Consider this:

Rick Porcello won the American league Cy Young in 2016 with a WAR of 4.8 (22 wins though...) over Verlander (7.2 WAR) Kluber (5.8 WAR) and Chris Sale (5.0 WAR). This is the first and only year I searched. I'm fairly certain that it's a recurring theme if you look through it though.

Also, Mike Trout has finished 2nd in voting 3 times, despite being the GOAT (He led the AL in WAR all 3 of those times...).

You bring up a good point. At this point in the year (June 27 right now) deGrom would be 1 or 2 in the CY Young despite not having many pitcher wins. But I guess history says MLB The Show isn’t too far off.

And yes, Trout should be MVP every year but the writers fault him for being on a non-competitive team.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I wish we had the optin to choose who we wanted to win each award.
I also think each years Show rarely gets it right with its award logic.

A Work in Progress
Old 06-28-2018, 04:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Turned manager hook up to 7 one year because I was tired of pitchers being left in too long. The Cy Young and MVP of both leagues were long relievers, both with 23 wins and ERAs around 4.50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

While the award winner logic may not be "perfect" (not sure its perfect in real life), it is better than it has been over the years, especially when it comes to Gold Glove winners.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

You guys are nuts. The award system is perfect. Jason Giambi clearly was the best relief pitcher in my 2014 season and Zach Britton more than deserved that honor in 2016 after gaining 0 saves over the whole 13.2 innings he pitched.

(yeah being able to select the awardee like in OOTP would be nice).
Old 06-28-2018, 07:32 PM   #8
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
You guys are nuts. The award system is perfect. Jason Giambi clearly was the best relief pitcher in my 2014 season and Zach Britton more than deserved that honor in 2016 after gaining 0 saves over the whole 13.2 innings he pitched.

(yeah being able to select the awardee like in OOTP would be nice).

IMG_6868.JPG

Well deserved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »