Home

Players throwing their bat after strikeouts

This is a discussion on Players throwing their bat after strikeouts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Players throwing their bat after strikeouts

I never really care too much about animations, but this one seems out of place. You don't ever really see a player throw their bat away from them after a strikeout. If they ever do it, it's when they're in the dugout.

I imagine inserting an animation into a game is no easy task, so not sure why they went with this one. Wondering if anyone else notices and/or cares.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Players throwing their bat after strikeouts

It's not the most realistic, but I like the show of emotion.

Maybe next year they can do a cut away to the player doing it in the dugout.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

The animation is over the top but the real problem is that none of the animations are programmed based on the in-game situation.

Throwing your bat in the bottom of the 9th in a game in September while down a run with a runner on 3rd vs your division rival? Cool.

Throwing your bat in the top of the 4th in an interleague game in May with the bases empty and your team up 2-0? Not cool.

Same goes for the spin move fist pump after a strikeout when you've already given up 3 HRs in the inning. They need to add the "screaming profanities into your glove" animation for that one
Old 09-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseJoseph9119
The animation is over the top but the real problem is that none of the animations are programmed based on the in-game situation.

Throwing your bat in the bottom of the 9th in a game in September while down a run with a runner on 3rd vs your division rival? Cool.

Throwing your bat in the top of the 4th in an interleague game in May with the bases empty and your team up 2-0? Not cool.

Same goes for the spin move fist pump after a strikeout when you've already given up 3 HRs in the inning. They need to add the "screaming profanities into your glove" animation for that one
This x10000000

Also, there needs to be some sort of player temperament/personality trait which can be assigned to the players.

There are players who show too much emotion (Carlos Gomez) and players who rarely show any emotion (Aaron Judge).

This should be woven into the player profiles and be coupled with in-game situations.

Similar personality traits should exist for managers too.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

All of the above plus when the pitcher lobs the ball to the manager and walks off the mound..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
All of the above plus when the pitcher lobs the ball to the manager and walks off the mound..

Now that you mention that, there was always certain guys on my team who did that.

For example, fictional pitcher Loren Rassmussen does this often on my squad, but no one else does. It's always and only him.

I wonder if there's some determining it. If it was just pure randomness, what's the odds of this happening??
Old 09-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

We need the occasional animation showing the batter going ape crap crazy in the dugout swinging his bat at a Gatorade cooler
Old 09-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #8
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

I like they introduced player emotion but most of the time it’s over the top.

Hate to always see the same exagerated emotion after a 2 outs single nobody on bases.

Same with strikeouts as you said. Some are spot on though. I want to see more different emotion animations in the future but more realistic ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »