Home

Heads up on moments mode

This is a discussion on Heads up on moments mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heads up on moments mode

If you play moments it reflects that you are playing diamond dynasty in their stats. It was supposed to be a new mode independent of DD but clearly not the case. Maybe no one cares but I do not want to support that money grab mode. Especially when franchise mode goes untouched year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Heads up on moments mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf395
If you play moments it reflects that you are playing diamond dynasty in their stats. It was supposed to be a new mode independent of DD but clearly not the case. Maybe no one cares but I do not want to support that money grab mode. Especially when franchise mode goes untouched year after year.
How did you reach this conclusion?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
How did you reach this conclusion?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I played a few moments last night and my profile states all i've played is DD
Old 03-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I thought we were all under the impression that moments WAS an extension of diamond dynasty? At least that's how I understood it from the way they explained it in the stream. If not it's a great way for them to skew their beloved telemetry data to show the higher ups they are pushing people towards their money mode
Old 03-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

So, I have not played moments mode yet but as I understand it you play as the team/players you are doing moments for so you don't need to build a DD team or anything.

I guess I can kind of understand not wanting to pad the stats for DD but on the flip side March to October counts for Franchise and there will be a lot of DD players playing that mode so it seems like a wash.

Since there are missions for completing March to October in DD you will probably see Franchise mode artificially bumped up far more by DD players than you will see DD bumped up by Franchise players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Im glad you noticed this, I refuse to play game modes other than franchise so that they do not get the satisfaction of another player playing the money grab DD. Just like retro, ive never opened it. I really wish they would pay more attention to franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »