Home

Why I'm cautiously excited for March to October

This is a discussion on Why I'm cautiously excited for March to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Why I'm cautiously excited for March to October

I've been lazing about on this Saturday morning, and I was just casually thinking about what March to October could possibly be, along with other things related to the Show.

I was also worrying about year to year saves, because I haven't heard anything about them yet, and then a thought crossed my mind: maybe SDS is avoiding talking about carry over saves because it's such a limiting feature.

Think about it, stuff had to translate from last year's save into each new year, and with it, it might bring various grandfathered restrictions, which could limit the types of improvements that are made to the mode.

That got me thinking: what if March to October is franchise 2.0? They keep franchise so that people can carry over their legacy saves, but all the new features that are incompatible with the old saves are in the new mode.

I'll be honest, March to October is far more likely to be season mode 2.0, but even the possibility of having a franchise mode with more options and more meaningful improvements has me excited.

It would be a great way to get the best of both worlds. The best feature in all of sports gaming gets to continue on, and meaningful updates can be made without messing up compatibility.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: Why I'm cautiously excited for March to October

They've already shown the main menu and franchise is separate to March to October. It's almost 100% certain to be some form of seasons mode brought back

The team select screen they showed as well made it pretty obvious it was a season mode where winning the World Series was the objective

Last edited by BigOscar; 02-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

I only just noticed the other day that March to October is a play on words.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
They've already shown the main menu and franchise is separate to March to October. It's almost 100% certain to be some form of seasons mode brought back

The team select screen they showed as well made it pretty obvious it was a season mode where winning the World Series was the objective
you are exactly correct. They have also shown the Screen for winning the World Series where you get a DD Prize and probably the prize is depended on which team you win the world series with in the Season(March to October) based on the category that said team is placed in.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 02-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
MVP

tnixen's Arena

My guess March to October mode is the rebirth of season mode but better

So many gamers gave SDS a lot of hate because they removed season mode in 18 and I am thinking they decided to bring it back but improved it some how.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
If its not an improved return of season mode, but a scaled back season mode, then I hope you can still select 14 game seasons. nevertheless I'm throwing caution to the wind. I'm super excited for March to October. Of course, you won't need 8 months March-October for a 14 game season.
My worry is that if winning is linked to DD prizes, they will probably not let you edit nearly as much as you used to, certainly not the length of the season. Hopefully not, they surely can't take it out, then bring it back worse but with a tenuous link to DD, they'd surely know how badly that would go down?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I hoping this is the mode that gets me back to playing again. 18 was terrible fo me because the only two modes I played, season and online franchise were removed.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #8
MVP

I don't know why people keep equating year-to-year saves to features size or set, and why they haven't added any new features during this time frame.

Year to Year saves introduced in 2014 PS3/PS4/Vita feature

'14 Franchise Features

Franchise Improvements (PS3/PS4)

Efforts continue to improve the accessibility of Franchise mode. A new notification system, which keeps the user more connected to their organization and the league, serves as an “Assistant GM” and will make sure critical information is more immediately provided and more readily accessible. Also refined is the logic that helps the multi-season cycle of Franchise mode and all of the stats and developments therein resemble real life as closely as possible. Other additions include a player search and the ability to hire and fire coaches during the regular season.

'15 Franchise Features

Franchise Mode Refresh (PS4, PS3, VITA)

With the addition of General Manager Contracts, you now have to consider Ownership Expectations when running your team, and your performance will determine the job offers that come your way. Building a championship-caliber team is more fun and dynamic than ever before, with the new Performance-based Player Progression, as well as much improved Trade and Contract logic. Partner up with Brand Sponsors, giving your broadcast elements an official sponsor and earn some extra dough to spend on your team.

“Inside The Show” News Suite (PS4, partial PS3)
Franchise, RTTS, and Season modes all feature a new suite of features centered on providing news updates from around the league. Inside The Show is a new radio broadcast that will be heard at the beginning of each new day and will discuss recent scores, notable performances, team news, milestones, records, standings, and more.

Editable Contracts Player contract interest improved (based on MLB service time) Player salary guide, GM History records, Trade Finder

'16 Franchise Features

20/80 Scale Scouting

Player morale, each player has seven factors to determine their morale: team role, contract, coaching, region, team performance, individual performance, and injury. For players where certain requirements can’t be met, for example a player from outside the US or Canada, for region a players expectation may say “1 compatriot,” where you would then have to bring in another player from their country to satisfy that part of his morale.

Stat tracking is another huge improvement to MLB The Show 16 as a whole, as well as specifically in franchise mode. Stats for a player’s entire career can now accessed in any mode. Newer stats such as WAR are now being tracked as well, which take into account which position a player is. All of these stats will be kept track of for every game mode, so these changes are not just limited to franchise mode.

In franchise mode you can now be fired as a coach of one team, and rehired by another. You can be fired if you do not meet your owner’s requirements. So even if you are doing a great job as a general manager and have a great GM rating, you could still be fired if you do not meet the goals set out for you by your owner at the beginning of each year.

'17 franchise features

Player Quirks

While many fans of MLB The Show 17 plays full games in their franchise, Sony gave players options this year regarding how they want to play games. Players can play a whole game, choose one player to play with Player Lock, Quick Manage a game or Manage Full Game. Sony even gave estimates of how long games will be with each of these options.

Play Full Game- 45 minutes
Quick Manage- 5 minutes
Player Lock- 10 minutes
Manage Full Game- 45 minutes

Critical Situations is another way for players to participate in a game without playing an entire game. Critical Situations puts players in only the biggest moments of a game. For example, moments like a late game pitching change with the bases loaded, two on and two out in the bottom of the ninth inning, or even something small like getting your pitcher to induce a double play early in the game. This addition will give players who may not have the time to complete an entire game to participate in games as opposed to just simulating games.

'18 Franchise Features

Nothing new, just a menu clean up "Phases.

Not to mention tons of game play improvements, and improved logic across the board.

As you can see there have been new, and improved features to franchise since the year-to-year saves was introduced. I just think people get entrenced into a position without researching their position. It may not be the features you like or use, but they are "NEW" features.

This is not a case of agree to disagree, this is a case of I didn't check to see what they added from year to year.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 02-23-2019 at 10:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »