Home

Old 05-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Moments

Am I the only one or is anyone else addicted to Moments? That’s all I want to play. I have been an avid season/franchise guy and I will still play a lot of franchise but these moments and DD have me hooked this year. I don’t even play online so almost all of my time is with Moments. I’ve played more of that this year than all last years game combined. This has also led me to spending an inordinate amount of time on DD and I had not once played it before. This is the most I have played a game in 10 years probably and it’s all because the challenge of moments. I am accomplishing them more easily now that when I started just by improving my hitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Moments

I love the Topps now moments that drop every week.

You can bet there's going to be one for Vlad Jr based on what happened last night (though it'd probably only ask you to hit the 2nd HR and not both)!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

I’ve played some but overall I’m not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 05-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm kind of done with online unless it's with friends, too many long pauses with the game dragging out. Moments has taken that spot up. I do a lot of Current and historical franchise and playoffs.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

I only play the ones that involve Bartolo Colon HRs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I’m the last person in the world that I thought would like moments or DD but I’m actually having fun with it. The moments are particularly addicting. I actually started them last night as I wait for V3 of the rosters and I ended up going to bed way later than I should have as I couldn’t stop trying to hit the “call your shot” homerun with Babe Ruth. I then did the 6 inning moment against Bumgartner and really enjoyed it.

Even DD which hasn’t been able to hold my attention long as I don’t play online has been fun for me this year. I’m hell bent on saving up for diamond Vlad Jr and he’s priced at 150k Stubbs so I might be invested for awhile. I also decided to try and fill my team with all Canadians which has given me the “collector” itch.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Let me toss this out there - they can be good for practicing since they take place in a closed environment that repeats itself. For example, there are two Topps Now moments from this past week that are really good for practicing getting strikeouts. There are strikeout goals for both the Sabathia one and the Strasburg one, neither has a fail condition, they are both on All-Star, and they both go for the entire game if need be.

The difference is in the pitchers' ratings and when you compare them side by side like that, you should be able to see just how big an impact the ratings make. CC has just a 57 K/9 which is going to make even getting 3 K's difficult. Compare that to Strasburg, who has 83 K/9 and can make the hitters go after bad pitches and get themselves out much easier. The goal in this one is 8 K's, and although it is a challenge it's very doable with someone of Strasburg's talent.

If you didn't know, you can repeat completed Moments by selecting them again, even though the green "completed" banner covers it up.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

I was excited at the beginning but when I saw they’re inflating ratings ( like Gardner to 98 Power), I was turned off like a nice lady in a blind date with a guy wearing white socks in brown flip-flops !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »