Home

Trade logic

This is a discussion on Trade logic within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Trade logic

After practice tonight I want to take the latest roster. Move players from roster to FA and back and assign correct years. In the past that assigned a default value.

If that works I can make a roster quick to run tests that will have a constant.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #10
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

I had about 8 trades take place on the 3rd day of my franchise. All mid level - lower level prospects. This is with the slider on 1. I think the same thing used to happen in 18. Not quite sure why though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-27-2019, 02:06 PM   #11
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm
I had about 8 trades take place on the 3rd day of my franchise. All mid level - lower level prospects. This is with the slider on 1. I think the same thing used to happen in 18. Not quite sure why though.

Looks like teams try to fill needs. I see paxton routinely traded this year. A 91 overall young controllable pitcher.

It's because he's relatively cheap and they trade to fill other needs. That trade shouldn't happen.

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-27-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 08:25 PM   #12
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Just ran 4 sims each till July 31. One with live roster one with live roster with scaled contracts to 18 defaults.

Live roster average amount of trades. Avg
April 4
May 2
June 3.5
July 12.5
Total 22
Highlighted trades .5

For scaled contract roster: avg
April 4.5
May 2.5
June 8
July 18
Total 33
Highlighted trades 1

There definently appears to be fewer trades with the real contracts. I see bigger names traded with scaled contracts as well. The rosters do need work though. The ratings seem much lower.

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 03-27-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #13
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

I am going to revive this thread. I have had almost three weeks with this game. I have mainly been doing heavy simming and testing of franchise, especially with the new Full Minors to get a feel for the progression based on the new ratings.

I honestly feel condiment enough to say that since franchise mode has been ignored, the show may have the worse trade logic of any sports title today. There is some real head scratchers that really kill immersion. I understand this can be cured with 30 team control but I don't like to do 30 team control. Some of the biggest issues I have seen:

1.) Rebuilding teams trading prospects for overpriced veterans.

2.) small market teams trading cheap controllable stars for expensive rentals

3.) teams to willing to trade top prospects for immediate need. Example: mike leaks 78 ovr 78 pot traded for a young pitcher 21 years old 65 ovr with a 92 pot.

I really think SDS has to bite the bullet and make some updates to franchise next year. No more excuses. The show's franchise is really starting to fall behind other sports titles franchise modes. They really don't have to reinvent the wheel, just refine and smooths over basic mechanics like trade logic, scouting, and drafting and I would be happy
Old 04-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I am going to revive this thread. I have had almost three weeks with this game. I have mainly been doing heavy simming and testing of franchise, especially with the new Full Minors to get a feel for the progression based on the new ratings.

I honestly feel condiment enough to say that since franchise mode has been ignored, the show may have the worse trade logic of any sports title today. There is some real head scratchers that really kill immersion. I understand this can be cured with 30 team control but I don't like to do 30 team control. Some of the biggest issues I have seen:

1.) Rebuilding teams trading prospects for overpriced veterans.

2.) small market teams trading cheap controllable stars for expensive rentals

3.) teams to willing to trade top prospects for immediate need. Example: mike leaks 78 ovr 78 pot traded for a young pitcher 21 years old 65 ovr with a 92 pot.

I really think SDS has to bite the bullet and make some updates to franchise next year. No more excuses. The show's franchise is really starting to fall behind other sports titles franchise modes. They really don't have to reinvent the wheel, just refine and smooths over basic mechanics like trade logic, scouting, and drafting and I would be happy

Number 2 and 3 happens in real life as well for example: A’s traded Addison Russell for Jason hammel and Jeff samarzdja. And braves traded Rio Ruiz and Luis Ortiz for Kevin Gausman

Old 04-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoppel
Number 2 and 3 happens in real life as well for example: A’s traded Addison Russell for Jason hammel and Jeff samarzdja. And braves traded Rio Ruiz and Luis Ortiz for Kevin Gausman

I'm sorry. But the A's and braves we're both playoff contenders for the year both trades happened. And Rio Ruiz is nowhere near a top prospect lol. I know the show has him with A potential but he wasn't even in the braves top 20 in any point of his development. A team that is 12 games out of the division and 9 games out of the wild card at the break should not be dumping prospects for mike leake who has 2 years and 26 million left on his deal. There is no amount of drugs you could pump me with to convince me this is a good deal. Also, number 2.) a small market teams like the brewers would never trade christian yellich an MVP with a very cheap and controllable contract for matt kemp and scooter Gennett who is due for a new contract to a division rival. Would never happen in a million freaking years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #16
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

I've been playing with CPU trades off this year. It's not a great way to go about it but I would rather rosters stay mostly the same than see these ridiculous moves. Teams can still build through FA so that will have to be enough variety for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »