Home

Too many opposite field hits?

This is a discussion on Too many opposite field hits? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Too many opposite field hits?

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like everything that is not early or slightly early is getting pushed to opposite field. Even on hits with GOod swing timing feedback and on the inside of the plate it feels like everything is going oppo. Is anyone else noticing this or is just me? Could be I just need to get a feel back for the game, but 20 plus games in it feels a little pervasive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Too many opposite field hits?

I have noticed this to some degree, but I'm attributing it to more my timing being a little off as I adjust to the new game. Pitch speed also feels a little faster on the higher levels which might also be playing a part.

I've also have had my share of pulled ropes and home runs, so im enjoying the variety so far.

Last edited by Baseball Purist; 03-26-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
I have noticed this to some degree, but I'm attributing it to more my timing being a little off as I adjust to the new game. Pitch speed also feels a little faster on the higher levels which might also be playing a part.

I've all have had my share of pulled ropes and home runs, so im enjoying the variety so far.
Yeah I am thinking maybe it's rust as well. Just wanted to see if anyone else felt like it was happening a little too often. I will reserve judgment for a larger sample size. I only have about 20 games played
Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Just tried custom practice to test this with the same hitter over and over. Too many "Good timings" go way too far to the opposite field. Potentially this may be an issue the devs should look into
Old 03-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

So after a few more games, it does seem like the majority of my hits are opposite field. I am pulling the ball and driving it somewhat, but the majority of those balls have been right at someone. Not too alarmed yet and still think it has more to do with me adjusting my timing, but it's something I'm going to keep an eye on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

I use directional and haven’t noticed an abundance of opposite field hits unless I am influencing it/ pitch location/ timing

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-27-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

I've played two games so far. In one game, Chris Davis had a ground ball single the opposite way to left field and a line drive double down the left field line. In my next game, Greg Bird hit a line drive double down the left field line. I'm hoping once I start playing with sliders it won't be a big issue, but it's something to notice for sure

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

About 40 games in I am starting to feel it is a little pervasive. Anything other than early timing is getting hit to the opposite side of the field. The ball just doesn't have the same power when I pull it either which I remember being a problem in '17. Hopefully it evens out eventually

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »