Home

1970s & 80s Uniform Stirrups

This is a discussion on 1970s & 80s Uniform Stirrups within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
1970s & 80s Uniform Stirrups

Love the game. Been playing since its inception. One thing that makes it very hard for me to play with the jerseys and/or players from the 1970s and 1980s is the fact that all the players in the game from that era wear their pants high with the entire stirrup showing (take a look at Rickey Henderson in this year's game) when SO many players in the 80s (like Rickey) wore their stirrups so that only the thin "strip" of the stirrup showed. (Google a pic of Vince Coleman or Vida Blue to get an idea of what I'm referring to...)

Is there any way the developers can fix this? For a game that prides itself on realism, this should be addressed. It's really tough to play with the jerseys/players from the 80s and watch them all wear their stirrups/socks like it's the 1930s. Mike Schmidt shouldn't be running around the field with his uniform looking like Yogi Berra's lol!

Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me? Perhaps it's an age thing...I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so inaccurate uniforms from that era sticks out to me like sore thumb.

Last edited by mrgoose; 04-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 1970s & 80s Uniform Stirrups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoose
Love the game. Been playing since its inception. One thing that makes it very hard for me to play with the jerseys and/or players from the 1970s and 1980s is the fact that all the players in the game from that era wear their pants high with the entire stirrup showing (take a look at Rickey Henderson in this year's game) when SO many players in the 80s (like Rickey) wore their stirrups so that only the thin "strip" of the stirrup showed. (Google a pic of Vince Coleman or Vida Blue to get an idea of what I'm referring to...)

Is there any way the developers can fix this? For a game that prides itself on realism, this should be addressed. It's really tough to play with the jerseys/players from the 80s and watch them all wear their stirrups/socks like it's the 1930s. Mike Schmidt shouldn't be running around the field with his uniform looking like Yogi Berra's lol!

Does this bother anyone else, or is it just me? Perhaps it's an age thing...I grew up in the 70s and 80s, so inaccurate uniforms from that era sticks out to me like sore thumb.

I know this in no way, shape, or form answers your question, but I do not need to google to see the 1980s stirrups... I played little league baseball wearing them!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »