Home

Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn

This is a discussion on Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn

In what is probably my proudest stat thus far in the young season, we lead the majors in walks drawn thru 40 games. We have drawn 160 walks thus far with Kolten Wong leading the majors with 32 drawn.

Not to many other stats for us to be proud of at the moment, but I'll take this considering last year I led the majors in strikeouts and was near the bottom in walks drawn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MLB(R) The Show(TM) 19_12.jpg (124.6 KB, 410 views)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thru 40 games we lead the majors in walks drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
In what is probably my proudest stat thus far in the young season, we lead the majors in walks drawn thru 40 games. We have drawn 160 walks thus far with Kolten Wong leading the majors with 32 drawn.

Not to many other stats for us to be proud of at the moment, but I'll take this considering last year I led the majors in strikeouts and was near the bottom in walks drawn.
Congrats, that's not an easy stat to lead in. Working the count is also rewarding this year. I've drawn 16 walks in my last three games so it's something I'm working hard at.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Patience and congrats is well deserved, BUT....its actually been a problem this year. I've walked too much as well. I'm patient to a fault, always have been. The cpu throws too many balls early in the count this year. I raised the cpu strike frequency to 6 and its leveled out nicely. I recommend you try the same countryboy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Patience and congrats is well deserved, BUT....its actually been a problem this year. I've walked too much as well. I'm patient to a fault, always have been. The cpu throws too many balls early in the count this year. I raised the cpu strike frequency to 6 and its leveled out nicely. I recommend you try the same countryboy

Nah I’m good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Old 07-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

There are pretty much 2 ways to go about leading in walks: 1, you can have a power heavy, homerun hitting team and get a lot of free passes because pitchers are afraid to give up the long ball i.e. giving up a walk with a RISP is better than giving up that tater. But you are also going to (usually) have a lot of whiffs. Live by the sword die by the sword . But to lead in walks thru patience and pitch recognition is far more rewarding as well as difficult to do. Congrats cb

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
Rookie

modore's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Well done. Not easy to apply the patience it takes to draw the walks.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #7
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Ik countryboy will test 6 strike frequency. He knows he walks too much and will realize these pitchers throw too many balls early. Dont give me your % It just ignores the question of whether you swing or not 1st and/or 2nd pitch. I've hidden in the shadows the last 5 years. I've played over 2000 games. Ik how this game works and realize its changes. Strike Frequency at 6 is the only way to play fairly with the cpu. I promise everyone who reads this that that is the honest truth.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

And you would be wrong because I am not testing strike frequency at 6. I don't need to, the game plays perfectly for me as is. Maybe for your preference the strike frequency needs to be at 6. That is what is great about this game is that there are so many different settings and options at the user's disposal to play the game in a manner they find enjoyable and/or realistic.

But I'm going to say this, if your contributions to this thread/forum are of going to be of this variety where you're essentially telling everyone how to properly play the game, then do us all favor and go back to lurking in the shadows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »