Home

[FRANCHISE] Have I turned CPU trades off?

This is a discussion on [FRANCHISE] Have I turned CPU trades off? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

nbacoventry's Arena

OVR: 1
[FRANCHISE] Have I turned CPU trades off?

Hi there,

I started a 30 team franchise a while back where by I set everything to manual except for scouting and the Injury Management. In the franchise settings I remember putting 'Force Trades' and 'Ignore Budgets' to 'ON'.

I've played through the entire month of April now, with the first few games of May already played and decided having to go through every teams rosters after every advanced day to make necessary promotions and demotions was rather time consuming for me. So I've now put everything to Auto for the CPU teams (CPU teams have their own association file settings) except for contracts. However if I go to a CPU team everything still says manual except for scouting, but the CPU is doing its own roster changes (which is what I want).

With the trading though, none of the CPU teams have updated their trading block or what positions they are seeking. I'm wondering if CPU trades is still off? I know if you have that 'CPU CONTROL ROSTER' setting on before you start the franchise then CPU trading gets turned off but I'm not sure what I decided on that, is there anyway to tell?

I do have my trade frequency slider setting at '1' for now since I'm in May so maybe I should give it a while and see if anything happens by the time I get towards end of June. I would of thought the CPU would of updated their trading block by now which makes it a little confusing as to whether its on manual or Auto.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: [FRANCHISE] Have I turned CPU trades off?

30-Team CPU Control On, doesn't that automatically cut off trades, as well as injuries?

A Work in Progress
Old 12-29-2019, 04:21 AM   #3
Rookie

nbacoventry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
30-Team CPU Control On, doesn't that automatically cut off trades, as well as injuries?
Yes that is true, and I have been getting injuries for all teams in played and simmed games. Should be a matter of time then for when trades start happening. Thanks
Old 12-29-2019, 04:53 AM   #4
Rookie

nbacoventry's Arena

Another odd thing I've noticed. I'm about to play the 3rd game in a series against Texas, in game 1 they used starting pitcher Lance Lynn.

For game 2, instead of using Yohander Mendez who was next up in their rotation, Jesse Chavez who was their LRP in the bullpen was starting the game. Jesse has a 46 stamina rating, so I let it slide thinking maybe Yohander had an injury.

In game 3, the CPU has done exactly the same though. Drew Smyly should be starting but the CPU has come out with Jeffrey Springs pitching. Springs was in one of the MRP slots.

Any reason why the CPU has done this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »