Home

Broken Stat Engine!

This is a discussion on Broken Stat Engine! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2020, 06:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Broken Stat Engine!

Yes there are things lacking in franchise but I never see anyone addressing cumulative stats look at the totals on Gary Carter and Keith Hernandez. It's laughable. I've played 3 seasons yet Strawberry has stats from a season I didn't play. Comments?20200130_061902.jpeg20200130_061454.jpeg20200130_061417.jpeg

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Broken Stat Engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS9119
Yes there are things lacking in franchise but I never see anyone addressing cumulative stats look at the totals on Gary Carter and Keith Hernandez. It's laughable. I've played 3 seasons yet Strawberry has stats from a season I didn't play. Comments?Attachment 174942Attachment 174943Attachment 174944

What roster are you playing with?
Old 02-03-2020, 01:38 AM   #3
Rookie

My own All Time Historic Roster always in the top 10 historic downloads

Old 02-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Years ago there was an issue where the sim stats were predetermined. If you were able to take an all star caliber player, and ensure through gameplay that he went 0-4, 0-4, 0-4, etc, he would ALWAYS sim to go on a hot streak and balance out his numbers. The same worked in reverse. And Same for a HR hitter. If a HR hitter was on a 10 game drought in gameplay, and you simmed for a week, very likely he would hit 3-5 home runs in those sims. I htaed this and thought it called the whole sim engine into question. This was back in 11 or 12 I believe.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 02-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I am not sure about what happened with the percentages, but it looks like the system just adds your totals for the career stats of the players. For example Hernandez hit 162 homeruns IRL, plus your 34 equals the 196 in Career stats. However it doesn't do that for GP. Seems a little random to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
I am not sure about what happened with the percentages, but it looks like the system just adds your totals for the career stats of the players. For example Hernandez hit 162 homeruns IRL, plus your 34 equals the 196 in Career stats. However it doesn't do that for GP. Seems a little random to me.

Also, if that were true, then Gary Carter apparently hit 624 HR in his career. I think you're right that it's pretty random.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Rookie

No I understand that with Legend Players. That the totals get added to their career totals. I'm talking about other created players Totals on other player are totally not right. Again look at Strawberry a whole year is present and I never played that year. It's a mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »