Home

Why is The Challenge System not a primary focus of this game?

This is a discussion on Why is The Challenge System not a primary focus of this game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I remember the developers saying it would be take an entire year developmental cycle to implement this, but being as they seem to have enough resources now to create a PS4 game, a PS5 game and an Xbox game, you'd think they'd have the resources to implement something into the game that has become almost as integral and significant as actually hitting the ball.

The challenge system in real baseball is utilized every single game and in most cases, multiple times per game. With the exception of judgment calls, everything can be questioned and challenged in today's game, going as far as implementing number of challenges per game, which actually has a huge impact on the game if the team has expended all of its available challenges.

I think it's come time that the developers focus on implementing this asap. It's a huge part of today's game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Padgoi; 02-04-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Why is The Challenge System no a primary focus of this game?

disregard, title was edited

Last edited by Padgoi; 02-04-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Why is The Challenge System not a primary focus of this game?

If they do indeed have more resources, I would want them to allocate those resources to other aspects of the game, versus developing a full fledge challenge/replay system.

I don't care for replay/challenge systems in real sports and really don't want it in video games. I wish they would scrap what they have now.

Franchise, presentation, and gameplay is where I would personally want the focus of the resources to be placed, but then again I'm just one of many, many, many members of the community who all have our own personal wants/needs/demands for the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I dont really think it'll be in this years game or it probably would have gotten a bulletin point blurb mention when they dropped their talking points schedule. I do wonder if something like this is too huge an undertaking for a later patch update. I also think a lot of the challenges I would make I would lose because the AI has already decided it got the call right to begin with. definitely want to see some progress on this for the PS5

A Work in Progress
Old 02-04-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If they do indeed have more resources, I would want them to allocate those resources to other aspects of the game, versus developing a full fledge challenge/replay system.

I don't care for replay/challenge systems in real sports and really don't want it in video games. I wish they would scrap what they have now.

Franchise, presentation, and gameplay is where I would personally want the focus of the resources to be placed, but then again I'm just one of many, many, many members of the community who all have our own personal wants/needs/demands for the game.

A valid point indeed, if the resources were available I'd definitely want them allocated to gameplay, however being as the challenge system is a huge part of today's game, it only makes sense to implement it eventually.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I am all for real mlb to take their rotten replay system out of real baseball and that way SDS can just focus on gameplay 🤫 and real mlb can shorten games without new dumb rules
Old 02-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The instant replay system in the NFL has been an abomination and has ruined the game and effectively killed the golden goose. Because of replay the Networks now have to have a “rules” expert in the booth. Games have lost all their excitement and spontaneity. It sucks.

But to their credit MLB baseball has implemented it quite well. It is quick, and it has worked quite effectively.

MLB umpires are the best on all of the major sports.

What they better stay away from is robotic strike zones. God forbid we loose one of the most human and critical elements of baseball.

I think it is overdue that The Show implements a proper replay system.

Like Padgoi stated. It is a huge part of the game today.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
What they better stay away from is robotic strike zones. God forbid we loose one of the most human and critical elements of baseball.
it's a sign o' the times: first robot umps, now Robot Coach lol. next up, robot players. good thing is you know they wont need PED's, bad thing is they make the Asstros electronic sign stealing look like they were communicating via tin can & string phones.
mark my words, in the next 30 years there will be bionic players. we just wont know it right away. blame Tommy John

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »