Home

MLB 20: Possible Stadiums to Choose for your Rebranding

This is a discussion on MLB 20: Possible Stadiums to Choose for your Rebranding within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #17
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 20: Possible Stadiums to Choose for your Rebranding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Wow. Did they not think this through then? People going to screw themselves switching to minor league stadiums.
And you get a crowd of 20,450 or 16,345 or 22,743 depending on where you look in the game
Old 02-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #18
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
Am I making this up, or did they say "you can choose from any of the 60 stadiums int he game"?

There's definitely more than 60 on that website in the first post.
This isn’t an official list. It just was something I ran across that showed some possible stadiums for folks who can’t open MLB 19 The Show right now.

The site probably has some minor league stadiums that aren’t in the game anymore I’m guessing.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:38 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
Am I making this up, or did they say "you can choose from any of the 60 stadiums int he game"?

There's definitely more than 60 on that website in the first post.
There are:

30 - MLB
23 - Minor League
2 - Spring Training
11 - Classic Stadiums

Total 66 in the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Revenue/budget is impacted by attendance

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not disputing what you are saying but I'm curious where you found that information.

Meanwhile of the classic stadiums I see 3 with no reference to what team is playing in the ballpark. Crosley, Griffith and Polo Grounds. All 3 are quirky and I'm not inclined to use them in a franchise but they do seem to be free of any indication to what team is playing there.

Of the more recent classic stadiums Old Miami seems to have only one reference to the Marlins which is located on the scoreboard. No logo behind home plate or in the on deck circle. If attendance is tied to revenue and you want a playable stadium without much indication of a different team playing there Old Miami might be a viable choice.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Not disputing what you are saying but I'm curious where you found that information.

Meanwhile of the classic stadiums I see 3 with no reference to what team is playing in the ballpark. Crosley, Griffith and Polo Grounds. All 3 are quirky and I'm not inclined to use them in a franchise but they do seem to be free of any indication to what team is playing there.

Of the more recent classic stadiums Old Miami seems to have only one reference to the Marlins which is located on the scoreboard. No logo behind home plate or in the on deck circle. If attendance is tied to revenue and you want a playable stadium without much indication of a different team playing there Old Miami might be a viable choice.
It was mentioned in one of the streams in previous years when they introduced dynamic attendance.

If you play poorly then you're attendance will suffer which means less money in your budget to sign players. And the more money if you play well and increase attendance.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It was mentioned in one of the streams in previous years when they introduced dynamic attendance.

If you play poorly then you're attendance will suffer which means less money in your budget to sign players. And the more money if you play well and increase attendance.
Interesting. Is it percentage of capacity or actual attendance? The idea of using a minor league stadium is definitely a bad idea if it's actual attendance. Old Miami looks like a good choice.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Interesting. Is it percentage of capacity or actual attendance? The idea of using a minor league stadium is definitely a bad idea if it's actual attendance. Old Miami looks like a good choice.
I don't know

Old 02-15-2020, 09:30 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
An old multi purpose stadium covered in teal/orange no team uses anymore or will ever use again is the best choice for a new expansion team? That stadium was terrible for baseball then, let alone in 2020.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »