Home

MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.05 Notes and Breakdown

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.05 Notes and Breakdown within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.05 Notes and Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
YES ! I thought I was the only as no one commented on my post earlier ... The day of the patch. Glad someone else is experiencing this ... and not .. and not just me.

"Pitch speed feels the same .. but hitting feels weaker to me. Like ground balls hit come off the bat like slow choppers hit to infielders or light hitting bloopers to the outfield. Nothing feels sharply hit .. I only played two games since the patch though. I have been playing with sliders at default"

Since that post .. I Bumped up Timing by 1 and solid hits by 1 .. for both human and the computer.
Feels much better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Nope, not just you! It felt to me a lot like 19 played last year, so I tweaked used the sliders i did last in the previous iteration.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #178
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB The Show 20: Game Update 1.05 Notes and Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiles76
Please see my reply to belltower about how many games I've played. It's not an over reaction to a game or two, I've got enough of a sample size from before and after to be able to tell there's a difference.

So we have you and others saying power was nerfed with patch.

We have others saying that every game they play is a slugfest with homerun after homerun.

And yet others, myself included, that doesn’t see a difference in hitting pre and post patch.

So based on that information how does one determine exactly what the patch did, if anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #179
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

From what I see many people with directional hitting are not seeing the homerun issue.

I use zone legend and see alot of contact, but instead of hitting 4 or 5 hr a game prepatch, I'm hitting 3 or 4 on average. Still hitting solid contact and have team batting average over .300. I was a below average HOF hitter in previous years. Moving between all star and HOF.

I think people using meter pitching are not seeing the CPU hr. I think classic pitching has lost alot of touch and balls seem to gravitate to the middle of the plate and the CPU hammers it.

That is my theory why hitting is easier. The cpu in effect uses classic pitching. Its ratings based. Too many pitches find the middle of the plate.

In short I am curious the ones who don't think CPU hits too many home runs what pitching style they use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #180
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
From what I see many people with directional hitting are not seeing the homerun issue.

I use zone legend and see alot of contact, but instead of hitting 4 or 5 hr a game prepatch, I'm hitting 3 or 4 on average. Still hitting solid contact and have team batting average over .300. I was a below average HOF hitter in previous years. Moving between all star and HOF.

I think people using meter pitching are not seeing the CPU hr. I think classic pitching has lost alot of touch and balls seem to gravitate to the middle of the plate and the CPU hammers it.

That is my theory why hitting is easier. The cpu in effect uses classic pitching. Its ratings based. Too many pitches find the middle of the plate.

In short I am curious the ones who don't think CPU hits too many home runs what pitching style they use.

I'm on Legend default with Zone hitting and Meter Pitching

I don't see an issue with homeruns for either myself nor the CPU.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #181
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm on Legend default with Zone hitting and Meter Pitching

I don't see an issue with homeruns for either myself nor the CPU.
The meter pitching I'm wondering if that allows to keep cpu totals down. Better control more input based.

Classic pitching too many balls drift and hang in middle of plate.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 09:22 PM   #182
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Twice I've finished a game and saved. I then load the game and the opposing starter for the next game in the series was the same starter from the game I just finished.

Anyone else see that? What causes it?

Old 03-31-2020, 04:42 PM   #183
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I thought this patch added the ability for us to change two-way players?

I tried to edit Michael Lorenzen and Brendan McKay to two-ways but I can't because the option is grayed out.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:43 PM   #184
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by majere_74
I still have players disappearing from my roster after pressing auto fix rosters. Can't start my franchise until this gets fixed.
What do you mean you have players disappearing? Like guys missing from the MLB roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »