Home

Manager Jackets?

This is a discussion on Manager Jackets? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2023, 12:59 PM   #17
Pro

knich1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Manager Jackets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I know it's not the biggest deal and maybe it's always been this way and I forgot. Managers are wearing a jacket no matter the weather. The temp was 93 degrees last game I played and the managers were wearing jackets. Again not that big of a deal but it's a bit distracting in an otherwise realistic looking game. Guess they were trying to make weight? LOL

You can thank Buck Showalter for this…lol…and he isn’t in the game..
Old 07-03-2023, 09:10 PM   #18
MVP

Still don’t get why coaches are off-limits for editing. And if we can’t edit them, why don’t they follow the same assigned-number logic as the rest of the roster? Both my base coaches are wearing numbers already assigned to everyday players, so I have to either live with the immersion-breaking eyesore, hire new coaches, or give my everyday guys a different number. Why? Coaches will even wear retired numbers. It’s silly and I don’t get it. Guys have been asking for this for 15 years. Is it really that complicated? On a multi-million-dollar software project with presumably world-class developers and coders? Hard to believe it is.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:00 AM   #19
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegBettington05
I witnessed the Blue Jays' manager inside Rogers Center without a jacket, even though the roof was closed. Additionally, during the same game, I noticed that the extended nets to protect fans along the foul lines, which go beyond the dugouts, were not present in Rogers Center. Is this absence exclusive to the United States?
I play Roger Center all the time and the net is there.
Old 07-06-2023, 12:29 AM   #20
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm old school and love it/prefer it if managers wore jackets in the dugout. On The Show I always use the classic sets and the dugout jackets are accurate (for the most part) and look more professional than managers/players wearing hoodies/pullovers looking like homeless bums.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:35 AM   #21
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

If you think managers wearing nice $85 performance hoodies look like homeless people, you haven't seen very many homeless people

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2023, 08:26 AM   #22
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Cowboy
I'm old school and love it/prefer it if managers wore jackets in the dugout. On The Show I always use the classic sets and the dugout jackets are accurate (for the most part) and look more professional than managers/players wearing hoodies/pullovers looking like homeless bums.
Jackets are so 30 years ago man......
Old 07-06-2023, 11:19 AM   #23
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Still don’t get why coaches are off-limits for editing. And if we can’t edit them, why don’t they follow the same assigned-number logic as the rest of the roster? Both my base coaches are wearing numbers already assigned to everyday players, so I have to either live with the immersion-breaking eyesore, hire new coaches, or give my everyday guys a different number. Why? Coaches will even wear retired numbers. It’s silly and I don’t get it. Guys have been asking for this for 15 years. Is it really that complicated? On a multi-million-dollar software project with presumably world-class developers and coders? Hard to believe it is.
This is why I will only use real coaches so I can research what number they wear before hiring them.

Also the fictional coaches that are assigned to teams use the same jersey numbers as real life counterparts.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:14 PM   #24
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
If you think managers wearing nice $85 performance hoodies look like homeless people, you haven't seen very many homeless people

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Does the congressman from Pennsylvania count?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »