Home

Create-A-Stadium

This is a discussion on Create-A-Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
MVP

TheDarkKnightRises's Arena

OVR: 0
Create-A-Stadium

One thing I know the community has asked for year after year is a create-a-stadium feature. It obviously didn’t happen during the PS4 system cycle but with the PS5 due out this winter could we finally see it in the coming years?

I’m picturing a Stadium Vault to go with other vault options we already have and the possibilities are limitless. We could have every minor league/spring training/classic stadium if this ever became a reality.

The fact that the developers know how much we want this makes me think it could happen. Maybe not in year 1 or 2 of the PS5 cycle but eventually.

Thoughts?

MLB: New York Mets
NFL: New York Giants
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils/St. John's Red Storm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: Create-A-Stadium

Seems like the natural evolution of rebranding/relocation. A more powerful system should definitely be good for getting this added. As long as the bosses at SDS let the devs do their thing we'll get it.

The one thing I can see as an issue is the level of detail available to the cityscapes. Would the create a stadium be able to make use of the existing backgrounds or would they just be generic back drops.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:22 PM   #3
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightRises
One thing I know the community has asked for year after year is a create-a-stadium feature. It obviously didn’t happen during the PS4 system cycle but with the PS5 due out this winter could we finally see it in the coming years?

I’m picturing a Stadium Vault to go with other vault options we already have and the possibilities are limitless. We could have every minor league/spring training/classic stadium if this ever became a reality.

The fact that the developers know how much we want this makes me think it could happen. Maybe not in year 1 or 2 of the PS5 cycle but eventually.

Thoughts?
I would be surprised if it doesn’t happen soon in the PS5 cycle. It wouldn’t just be a big deal for Franchise players, the online crowd would probably love it as well. DD players would be able to create their own stadiums for their DD team. It’s a big feature to sell that years game that everyone could use and enjoy instead of just something that basically only benefits and matters in franchise mode, which has been getting a lot less attention since DD was added.

So there’s enough reason for them to invest the time and resources into a Create A Stadium feature. It would make almost everyone happy.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Honestly I would be very surprised if we didn’t get create a stadium or at least a couple generic MLB size stadiums next year.

The relocate your franchise feature was a nice addition this year but having to play in another teams stadium or a small minor league park is a drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
MVP

TheDarkKnightRises's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
Honestly I would be very surprised if we didn’t get create a stadium or at least a couple generic MLB size stadiums next year.

The relocate your franchise feature was a nice addition this year but having to play in another teams stadium or a small minor league park is a drag.

That could be a big ask for year one on a new console but I sure hope you’re right. Sooner the better.

MLB: New York Mets
NFL: New York Giants
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Miami Hurricanes
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils/St. John's Red Storm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #6
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

AKA Create-A-Dream
Old 05-14-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightRises
That could be a big ask for year one on a new console but I sure hope you’re right. Sooner the better.

It is. But they have had the PS5 dev kits for a while now and the game will be releasing on all the consoles next year. So in theory they will make a lot more money going forward and leading to a bigger dev team.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #8
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

Create-A-Stadium

I think we’re a long ways away from actually seeing a true create-a-stadium feature in this game

As much as I want to be able to customize stadiums, it asks for a lot. I mean most people can’t figure out the logo editor, so it’s hard to see SDS just giving us a full on 3D architectural stadium creator that a lot think is an easy addition with ps5...

I imagine one of two things happening. Either a MVP baseball like stadium-creator that walks you through every step and makes the stadium editable in section-like chunks, and gives you pre selected options for seating, dimensions, grass, etc.

Either that or it will be something like Madden where there are a certain number of pre made generic stadiums that you can select and have your team’s logo copy and pasted throughout all the screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »