Home

Alternative to Quick Count

This is a discussion on Alternative to Quick Count within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Alternative to Quick Count

Even if not using it this season, I perfectly understand that for some ( or most) a full 162 games season is a huge time investment not everybody can afford.

Quick count is I think a good idea but I came up with another solution I hope can be implemented one day.

We all know the Critical Situations when you sim a game and can suddenly jump in ( usually in 8th or 9th inning) for a save situation, trailing by one etc.

Instead of jumping in the end of the game, you start the game as usual but will only play certain situations you picked somewhere in your settings, and you’ll play only those situations during the game.

By example (I’m sure you guy will be better than me to find all kind of situations that can be chosen)

- Your power hitter at bat
- Your speedy player in a stealing situation
- Your preferred player involved in a game
- Runner in scoring position ( you and opp. Team)
- Base loaded ( you and opp. team
- Guy looking for his 2nd,3rf HR of the game
- the usual stuff like the hitting streak, closing situation etc
- And for sure probably tons of situations when pitching

I think you got it. The more situation we have, better it is. The way it works now, once the game’s loaded it’s pretty quick to get in and out of each situations.

That way we would be able to play the main events of a game without pretty quickly ( depending of the granularity of your choices). I know we can get similar results if you use the quick sim feature. Maybe this is just a brain fart and no real value added lolll.

Let me know what you think !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Alternative to Quick Count

I've played 4 or 5 seasons where I basically cut a 162 game schedule down to playing a third of it as 54 games played by only playing the 1st, 5th and 9th innings and all extra innings, and then simming the other six innings.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
Pro

I often use Quick Manage and will play key at bats or innings based on how the game is going. I will play every 6th game all 9 innings as well.

I have really enjoyed this method.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpklub
I often use Quick Manage and will play key at bats or innings based on how the game is going. I will play every 6th game all 9 innings as well.

I have really enjoyed this method.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

I Agree 100%
Old 08-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #5
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

I really enjoy quick counts, I just wish there was more variety in the actual counts given. A 2-0 or 3-0 count, or 0-2 count here and there would be nice.

I just find I miss too much when I use quick manage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I really enjoy quick counts, I just wish there was more variety in the actual counts given. A 2-0 or 3-0 count, or 0-2 count here and there would be nice.

Exact. This is why I would like to see a more elaborated "Critical Situations" to the whole game.

The idea was to pick and choose what kind of events you want the sim to stop for. Once you're in play mode, Quick Count can be used as well.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7

Completely agree. I wish there was an option for random counts instead of quick counts where you can see anything from 0-0 to 3-2 and it's entirely random. Also an option to start every at bat 1-1, this seems to be the most frequent count in quick counts this year and I like that a lot.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #8
Rookie

HawaiianRush's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripes
Completely agree. I wish there was an option for random counts instead of quick counts where you can see anything from 0-0 to 3-2 and it's entirely random. Also an option to start every at bat 1-1, this seems to be the most frequent count in quick counts this year and I like that a lot.
Maybe not completely random, I would like to think my players ratings have something to do with the 3-0 count when my 96 rated vision guy is going against a rookie reliever.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »