Home

I've Been Playing The Show for 15 Years

This is a discussion on I've Been Playing The Show for 15 Years within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
I've Been Playing The Show for 15 Years

I've been playing MLBTS for 15 years; going all the way back to the one where Vlad was on the cover for PS2. I have come close to a no hitter before but it usually gets broken up in the 8th or 9th inning. I think I've got to the 9th inning and got an out before in a AAA game. I was playing a game with my 30 team control franchise where I control the Red Sox and I threw a perfect game. I have been dominating with Eduardo Rodriguez all year after giving him a 5 year extension in Spring Training and I finished the game and forgot I had not committed any errors or walked a batter and realized I had finally thrown not only a no hitter but a perfect game. 15 years worth of playing baseball video games and I finally did it. And there was no trophy to my surprise; I figured there would be something but nope. Oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eduardo Rodriguez Perfect Game #2.jpg (107.6 KB, 125 views)
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I've Been Playing The Show for 15 Years

Congrats! It's amazing that you and another Sox fan both achieved no-hitters/perfect game in this forum in a span of hours!

And I'm blown away that both of your pitchers threw under 90 pitches (!!!) while still getting 10+ strikeouts!?!

Not to take away anything from your accomplishments, but is there something funky with the way this year's game is set up for either CPU players taking few pitches or with the number of foul balls?

Seems like most strikeout pitchers would garner more foul balls resulting in more pitches being thrown especially in the case of a perfect game where you'd expect most pitches to be thrown in/near the strike zone.

Again, congrats on the accomplishment!! Were you able to save a video of it to your PS4?
Old 07-07-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I've Been Playing The Show for 15 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgee
Congrats! It's amazing that you and another Sox fan both achieved no-hitters/perfect game in this forum in a span of hours!

And I'm blown away that both of your pitchers threw under 90 pitches (!!!) while still getting 10+ strikeouts!?!

Not to take away anything from your accomplishments, but is there something funky with the way this year's game is set up for either CPU players taking few pitches or with the number of foul balls?

Seems like most strikeout pitchers would garner more foul balls resulting in more pitches being thrown especially in the case of a perfect game where you'd expect most pitches to be thrown in/near the strike zone.

Again, congrats on the accomplishment!! Were you able to save a video of it to your PS4?
Yeah that's crazy about the the two Sox fans throwing no hitters back to back on here. I actually saw his post yesterday when it first went up and thought man I've been so close but never thrown one.

As to the CPU batting approach, I'm not sure. I play on veteran hitting with veteran pitching and haven't tinkered with anything for the CPU. I've just never been a fan of set up pitches or throwing balls to throw balls. I'm always a strike first, strike often type of pitcher. It probably helped that I was facing the Mariners, I think they're in last in the AL West in my franchise right now.

I wish I had recorded it but I was so genuinely shocked I finished it off that I just watched the animation and forgot, oops haha
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »