Home

Good franchise teams/story lines

This is a discussion on Good franchise teams/story lines within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Good franchise teams/story lines

I figure since most people are starting their franchises tonight with the release of OSFM this might be a cool thread. Who are some of your favorite teams and story lines to use this year? I like finding unique ones, you know like not the most common ones. We all know of the tigers, Mariners, Marlins etc. (I do love the Mariners this year tho)

I’ll start with my pick. The Cleveland Indians, and no that’s not me being biased.

I have a few reasons here.

1) you could see them contending for their division and you could also seeing them not living up to expectations and losing 85 games, and selling even more players. You pick, do you want to buy a few pieces? Or will you go into full rebuild mode?

2) they’re actually incredibly young. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but it wouldn’t shock me if they’re one of the 3 youngest teams in baseball. They’re rotation is very good in game and not a single one is over 25 years old. Along with quite a few position players with high potential and under 26 y/o

3) they don’t have many top 100 prospects now but if they cards fall right they will have multiple talents in that top 100 here in a year or two. Once ridins roster comes out it will reflect that I’m sure. Cleveland has SO many under 21 talents in their system and they are coming.

4) they’re changing their name and probably their uniform. So if you want to rebrand them well go ahead. There’s a already a ton of logos in the vault (like the Cleveland spiders)

Franchise mode is about customization and freedom and I can’t think of a better team in the last few games to do it with than Cleveland this year. You get to contend now or rebuild. Keep your stars or sell. Keep Indians name or switch. It would be very fun.

That’s my pick, what’s yours?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 05-06-2021 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Good franchise teams/stories that most wouldn’t think of

Yea I'll be starting my chise tomorrow but aren't to sure who to pick. I want a team that's not completely rebuilding or not a championship team this year (but could get into the playoffs) I like to create a player (OF) and make him about a 80ovr and play him. I was thinking maybe the Phillies or Marlins?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I think if you want to make a lot of choices on which way to go would be the Cubs. You have Baez, Bryant, and Rizzo being free agents at the end of this year. You could go either with a full rebuild or a soft rebuild and get some young MLB talent. If the Cubs perform to their potential, they could be playoff contenders. You could trade them all or pick one or two to build around.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:02 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I went with the Royals.

1. Middle of the pack team. The lineup is "ok". The starting pitching is "ok". The bullpen is "ok". That all goes into number 2...

2. Tons of diversity in possible outcomes. They start off well, you might be able to add pieces for a playoff run. They start off slow, you have vets to potentially unload and to go into a more robust rebuilding mode (with one that is underway).

3. Variety in ages. Lots of young high-end guys (even after I slashed A prospect potentials in the SDS roster from 150 players to ~50 players). But this is offset with a decent core of vets as well.

What this all means....year 1, I will be dictating the path forward for this franchise. I'm writing the story based on the play on the field. This is far more interesting to me than using a rebuild team....or a powerhouse....where the "story" is already drafted.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

I went with the Rockies for most of the reasons everyone already listed. Definitely more of a rebuild situation but there’s enough talent on the roster to make them fun to play with. You also get to make the call on trading or resigning Story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub12
Yea I'll be starting my chise tomorrow but aren't to sure who to pick. I want a team that's not completely rebuilding or not a championship team this year (but could get into the playoffs) I like to create a player (OF) and make him about a 80ovr and play him. I was thinking maybe the Phillies or Marlins?

I’m the same I kind of like an in between team. I play every pitch and every at bat so i literally don’t have enough time to do a team like the pirates or something

Old 05-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I went with the Royals.

1. Middle of the pack team. The lineup is "ok". The starting pitching is "ok". The bullpen is "ok". That all goes into number 2...

2. Tons of diversity in possible outcomes. They start off well, you might be able to add pieces for a playoff run. They start off slow, you have vets to potentially unload and to go into a more robust rebuilding mode (with one that is underway).

3. Variety in ages. Lots of young high-end guys (even after I slashed A prospect potentials in the SDS roster from 150 players to ~50 players). But this is offset with a decent core of vets as well.

What this all means....year 1, I will be dictating the path forward for this franchise. I'm writing the story based on the play on the field. This is far more interesting to me than using a rebuild team....or a powerhouse....where the "story" is already drafted.

I thought about the royals myself. I’ve also thought about the brewers, even Red Sox.

That will definitely be a fun team to use josh

Old 05-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I figure since most people are starting their franchises tonight with the release of OSFM this might be a cool thread. Who are some of your favorite teams and story lines to use this year? I like finding unique ones, you know like not the most common ones. We all know of the tigers, Mariners, Marlins etc. (I do love the Mariners this year tho)

I’ll start with my pick. The Cleveland Indians, and no that’s not me being biased.

I have a few reasons here.

1) you could see them contending for their division and you could also seeing them not living up to expectations and losing 85 games, and selling even more players. You pick, do you want to buy a few pieces? Or will you go into full rebuild mode?

2) they’re actually incredibly young. I don’t have the numbers in front of me but it wouldn’t shock me if they’re one of the 3 youngest teams in baseball. They’re rotation is very good in game and not a single one is over 25 years old. Along with quite a few position players with high potential and under 26 y/o

3) they don’t have many top 100 prospects now but if they cards fall right they will have multiple talents in that top 100 here in a year or two. Once ridins roster comes out it will reflect that I’m sure. Cleveland has SO many under 21 talents in their system and they are coming.

4) they’re changing their name and probably their uniform. So if you want to rebrand them well go ahead. There’s a already a ton of logos in the vault (like the Cleveland spiders)

Franchise mode is about customization and freedom and I can’t think of a better team in the last few games to do it with than Cleveland this year. You get to contend now or rebuild. Keep your stars or sell. Keep Indians name or switch. It would be very fun.

That’s my pick, what’s yours?!

Not many prospects in the top 100???

As of this morning they have 4 guys in the top 100. That’s better than almost half the teams in the league lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »