Home

30 team control

This is a discussion on 30 team control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
30 team control

I know this has been discussed but couldn’t find anything. I’ve never had an issue with the CPU messing with my rosters when I start my franchise. This years version though is filling my rosters to fill out the 40 man and I don’t want them to do that, my roster is set the way I want it. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 30 team control

If you started your franchise with a 25 man roster last year (with full ROSTER CONTROL ON....of all teams), those 25 men stuck thru spring training and into the start of the season.

This year, for whatever reason, they decided that even if you start the season with 25 it would kick into 40 at the start of spring training. (there goes full roster control). So you have to adjust down after spring training.

Wait until you pass the trade deadline. The game won't even let you into the CPU ROSTER CONTROL screen. All those post trade deadline deals/trades have to be done thru the individual roster screen. In other words, if there is a trade from NYY to TB you will have to go to that teams screen, release them into waivers, wait 3 days and then go thru free agents to sign them. They have effectively removed full roster control from the game.

So, if you like keeping the rosters current.....it's a head scratching frustrating mess.

I have sent PMs back when, but nothing done.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 09-18-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

1. You didn't look hard enough.

Seriously though, this has been discussed ad nauseum for at least a few years. If you don't fill your 40 man, the game does it for you. Period. Idk how long ago it started. I only noticed it the last few years. Best advice fill the remaining spots with D potential scrubs so your best prospects aren't added too soon.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
1. You didn't look hard enough.

Seriously though, this has been discussed ad nauseum for at least a few years. If you don't fill your 40 man, the game does it for you. Period. Idk how long ago it started. I only noticed it the last few years. Best advice fill the remaining spots with D potential scrubs so your best prospects aren't added too soon.
I believe he’s playing with roster control on. If he is the game is not supposed to add players when you start spring training. It does.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Jhack99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar

Wait until you pass the trade deadline. The game won't even let you into the CPU ROSTER CONTROL screen. All those post trade deadline deals/trades have to be done thru the individual roster screen. In other words, if there is a trade from NYY to TB you will have to go to that teams screen, release them into waivers, wait 3 days and then go thru free agents to sign them. They have effectively removed full roster control from the game.

So, if you like keeping the rosters current.....it's a head scratching frustrating mess.

I have sent PMs back when, but nothing done.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MLB set a hard date for the Trade deadline? Meaning they did away with trades after July 31st. Waiver trades are no longer allowed. That would be why its locked. Thats how I read the rule.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/trade-deadline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhack99
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't MLB set a hard date for the Trade deadline? Meaning they did away with trades after July 31st. Waiver trades are no longer allowed. That would be why its locked. Thats how I read the rule.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/trade-deadline
Missing the point. 30 team full roster control has always been:

1. You start the season with a 25 man roster it stays at 25 thru spring training. This year the CPU adds 15 players at the start of spring training. With full roster control it’s not supposed to do that.

2. Up until this year you could use the CPU ROSTER CONTROL in ACQUISITIONS to continue to keep your rosters current and accurate. This. Year after the trade deadline when you scroll to that screen it jumps to the next page. It has never done that until this year.

The whole purpose of 30 team full roster control has been for gamers who like to keep all teams current. Not allowing you into this screen negates the purpose of this. There was no reason to take this out after all these years.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 09-19-2020 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »